monitor scaling

Artizard

I just got a 1440p monitor for my dual monitor setup. I have a 1080p and 1440p monitor. They are both the same size. My mouse pointer is much smaller on the 1440p and I haven't been able to find a fix for it. Also, when moving my mouse from each monitor, there is a height gap; if I move the cursor to the other screen it will appear a few inches above or below where it should. In the display settings, I can't align them and fix it because of the resolution difference. Does anyone know how to fix either of the problems? Thanks. 

In that same screen for aligning the displays is windows dispay scaling. You can scale the 1440p display to get close to the 1080p display.

However, you'll be losing desktop real estate and one of the benefits of having a modern high resolution display. 

If you have an Nvidia GPU, you could alternatively use DSR to bump up the rendered resolution on the 1080p display to 1440p. 

Personally, I just deal with the different resolutions, no way i'd sacrifice my desktop real estate just to match an old low res 1080p display.

49 minutes ago, rickeo said:

In that same screen for aligning the displays is windows dispay scaling. You can scale the 1440p display to get close to the 1080p display.

However, you'll be losing desktop real estate and one of the benefits of having a modern high resolution display. 

If you have an Nvidia GPU, you could alternatively use DSR to bump up the rendered resolution on the 1080p display to 1440p. 

Personally, I just deal with the different resolutions, no way i'd sacrifice my desktop real estate just to match an old low res 1080p display.

Wdym desktop real estate? Also, will using DSR lower my fps? I'd imagine not if it is just on the desktop but idk. Thanks

14 minutes ago, Artizard said:

Wdym desktop real estate?

I'm a pixel count and display snob and really, really enjoy high resolution panels. Part of that reason is more pixels to fit more things on the screen. Increasing the scaling to make that 1440p display look the same as that older low res 1080p display, you're giving all that up. Yeah, you still benefit from the sharper image but you can fit the same amount of things on the screen and that's a huge negative for me. 

Hell, display on my laptop is 3200x1800 and only 13" so at native or 100% scaling, everything is very, very tiny so I only somewhat compromise and run a 125% scaling.

On normal desktop displays, I see no reason to run anything other than native 100% scaling. 

My display layout look like this right now.

image.png.dbb55a782917b2905c72908f1b72d74b.png

14 minutes ago, Artizard said:

Also, will using DSR lower my fps? I'd imagine not if it is just on the desktop but idk. Thanks

If you game on that 1080p display, 1440p will now be an option you can select. Generally yes, gaming at 1440p over 1080p will lower your framerate though how much and if you care depends on your GPU.