Windows 10 Update Issues

DatBrummie

Hi all, I've been having an ongoing issue for a while now and was hoping you could help me out. 

Since April of this year my PC has been trying and failing to update, as you can see in the first image.

However the weird thing is that the smaller quality updates have been able to install fine it's only the 20H2 update that it's been struggling with. Every time with the same error code is present and when I try googling this error code I see something about an audio driver for a device that I don't have (Conexant) or something to do with storage space on the C drive (I have 172GB free so I don't think that's the issue either). So I'm at a loss as to what could be causing the failure, however on Saturday just gone I downloaded and started the Windows 10 Update Assistant and all seemed to be going fine. It detected my out of date version and downloaded, verified and started to install. It raced up to around 70% and after that the progress got very slow. Around 1% every 5-10 minutes in some cases. I figured this was normal as it was doing a few updates at once and just left it while I went out. I got home a few hours later and it was on 99%. I thought it was weird that it was taking so long but maybe I'd just caught it at the right time so I kept an eye on it for the rest of the day and it didn't move from 99%, didn't move from 99% all of Sunday, and today when I got home from work it was still on 99% so it's been on 99% for roughly 48 hours now.

The only things I had open in my system tray on Saturday and Sunday while running the Update Assistant were Malware Bytes, the programs for my Sennheiser headset and Steelseries mouse, and the Nvidia software.

Does anyone have any idea how I can update my PC and what could be causing these issues? Also, what can I do about the Update Assistant as there's no way to close it or cancel it that I can see and I'm worried to restart my PC while it's in progress?

If you need any more information on my peripherals or anything then just let me know.

Thanks!

image.png

Try maybe backing up your computer then factory reset it that's all I can think of sorry

16 hours ago, Derpformayor said:

Try maybe backing up your computer then factory reset it that's all I can think of sorry

Do you think that the issue stopping me from updating would also stop me from installing the new version or do you think that would be fine? 

46 minutes ago, DatBrummie said:

Do you think that the issue stopping me from updating would also stop me from installing the new version or do you think that would be fine? 

I think it might be fine