cpu clock speeds increase after waking from sleep

hey friends, here's a pickle, I've just been fiddling around with the oc settings on my new Ryzen 5950x custom build, I'm not really sure what I did, I wanted to try my base speed at 4.5ghz and tweaked some of the limits, and when I booted up everything was doin fine as expected, and running some test I was getting great scores, then I took a call and the pc went to sleep, when I came back and woke it up the cpu running speed shows up in task manager as 5.94ghz, base speed still at 4.5ghz, after making sure it was running at normal temps I tried a few runs in timespy and cinabench 23 and completely annihilated the score board never running hotter than i feel safe, then I restarted and looked at the bios and the settings were still where I had set them, so upon booting up the base speed and running speed returned to 4.5ghz, I manually put it to sleep after I woke it up I get 5.94ghz running speed and dominating the benchmarks again, I know there's plenty I don't understand, but if someone can explain what settings I accidentally stumbled onto to get this result, id like to actually set it on purpose.

AMD Ryzen 9 5950x @ 4.5ghz

MSI Godlike MEG X570

64GB (4x16) Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600 @ 3800mhz

EVGA FTW3 Ultra 3080 Ti toggled to OC

Screenshot (7).png

Screenshot (8).png

Screenshot (9).png

Screenshot (10).png

Screenshot (11).png

1.jpg

2.jpg

14 minutes ago, The Great Mighty Poo said:

hey friends, here's a pickle, I've just been fiddling around with the oc settings on my new Ryzen 5950x custom build, I'm not really sure what I did, I wanted to try my base speed at 4.5ghz and tweaked some of the limits, and when I booted up everything was doin fine as expected, and running some test I was getting great scores, then I took a call and the pc went to sleep, when I came back and woke it up the cpu running speed shows up in task manager as 5.94ghz, base speed still at 4.5ghz, after making sure it was running at normal temps I tried a few runs in timespy and cinabench 23 and completely annihilated the score board never running hotter than i feel safe, then I restarted and looked at the bios and the settings were still where I had set them, so upon booting up the base speed and running speed returned to 4.5ghz, I manually put it to sleep after I woke it up I get 5.94ghz running speed and dominating the benchmarks again, I know there's plenty I don't understand, but if someone can explain what settings I accidentally stumbled onto to get this result, id like to actually set it on purpose.

AMD Ryzen 9 5950x @ 4.5ghz

MSI Godlike MEG X570

64GB (4x16) Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600 @ 3800mhz

EVGA FTW3 Ultra 3080 Ti toggled to OC

Screenshot (7).png

Screenshot (8).png

Screenshot (9).png

Screenshot (10).png

Screenshot (11).png

1.jpg

2.jpg

yeah nah, i'm pretty sure you just got blessed.. no biggie

hi, im renata bliss and am ur freestyle dance teacher

Sounds like a bug I thought got ironed out.  Disabling sleep/hybernation will prevent it. Don't know the proper fix...

You aren't actually getting better performance, or running at higher frequencies, sorry.

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W