Automated action trigger on macOS

Hi everybody

I'm looking to automate a smart home action on my mac, using an homekit compatible power plug + the shortcuts app in Monterey (or Automator if it's better, idk).

The idea would be that whenever the Macbook is awake, the trigger activates the smart plug. When the Mac goes to sleep or is turned off, the smart plug shuts off, cutting power. [The smart plug is used with a universal 12V power adapter to power a fan inside the cabinet that ensures that part of the computer setup is cooled).

I've looked left right and center into the new Shortcuts app and I honestly couldn't find any way to use the Mac's "awake status" as a trigger for a shortcut.

It's simply not possible to do this or I missed something? Is it something that can be done with Automator perhaps?

Note: the trigger should be automatic. Right now i simply flick a physical switch near the monitor to start the fan, so having a software button on the mac, use siri or something not automatic would be pointless...if i've got to turn it on myself, i might as well stick with the current setup.

Thanks everybody for the help!

These events aren't directly available as triggers in macOS by default. However, there's an extremely powerful automation tool called Keyboard Maestro that includes these and many other triggers.

Keyboard Maestro is not free, but it's really powerful automation software.