GPU AiO

ItsPotatoTime

Recently I've got a CPU AiO and I've been amazed by the difference so I thought about getting one for my GPU too (XFX Rx 470 8GB) since it is getting very hot when play games, around 88-90 *C.

I have been looking for a few hours, but I cannot seem to find one, so I thought about asking here.

It can be either 120mm or 240mm (360 doesn't fit in my case and I think it's overkill since I won't be overclocking). Budget isn't fixed because I don't know how much I should expect to pay

Sorry but unless you wanna custom loop or have deep pockets gpu aios are just a dumb buy, better off buying a cpu aio like liquid freezer and just zip tie it to the gpu

I am not looking only for GPU AiO, it can also be a mount that fits a CPU AiO, I am just trying to find something that works

Just now, ItsPotatoTime said:

I am not looking only for GPU AiO, it can also be a mount that fits a CPU AiO, I am just trying to find something that works

Well just buy a cpu aio with a large enough coldplate and just ziptie it to your gpu, if you arent comfortable with that then you are prob gonna be paying high prices

GPU cooling is different than CPU cooling. For the CPU, you just have the die, but the GPU blower and shroud is designed to keep the whole card cool, including the die, VRAM, VRMs, etc. To replace that with liquid, you need a custom block made for the card. Not all cards have blocks designed for them, but if you can find one, you can set up a custom loop. I'm not aware of any AIOs specifically designed for GPUs, mostly because, again, it needs to custom fit the particular card.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

1 minute ago, Chris Pratt said:

GPU cooling is different than CPU cooling. For the CPU, you just have the die, but the GPU blower and shroud is designed to keep the whole card cool, including the die, VRAM, VRMs, etc. To replace that with liquid, you need a custom block made for the card. Not all cards have blocks designed for them, but if you can find one, you can set up a custom loop. I'm not aware of any AIOs specifically designed for GPUs, mostly because, again, it needs to custom fit the particular card.

Or you can just modify your gpu shroud to accomodate the aio but still have fans to cool everything else

I've been thinking of something like the NZXT Kraken G12, replacing one fan with the AiO, or it will not work well?

9 hours ago, ItsPotatoTime said:

I've been thinking of something like the NZXT Kraken G12, replacing one fan with the AiO, or it will not work well?

https://nzxt.com/product/kraken-g12

The website lists compatibility with the Rx470 so it should be fine but the fan positioning doesn't cool the vrm very well. Additional heatsinks and fans strapped to the 'left' side of the card can help but the money is probably better put towards a better gpu. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Thanks for the help! If I want to change my GPU in the future, what would be considered an upgrade? 

18 hours ago, ItsPotatoTime said:

Thanks for the help! If I want to change my GPU in the future, what would be considered an upgrade? 

I'd recommend getting something at least as good as a gtx 1070. 

Logical Increments has a good list for comparing gpu performance. https://www.logicalincrements.com/articles/graphicscardcomparison

Make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.