I need help from picking 2 monitors (Gigabyte M27Q vs LG 27GP850-B)

Darkofdead

Hello,

I have trouble with finding a nice suitable monitor for myself to game on.

I mainly play FPS games but sometimes I wanna play some nice relax RPG games.

On the fps games I don't care the contrast ratio but care about the fast response time that LG has. But on the other hand if I wanna see a  nice movie  or good RPG game (just looking at the open world) then I think care a bit of dark colour truly being dark and not gray if you understand me. since GP850 has low contrast ratio but the M27Q isn't but an the other hand the M27Q has "exceptional" response time and the LG has excellent response time for FPS games (I don't know if it has a big difference between those two). 

Maybe I dumb or those things don't really care (about response time) but I just wanna be on the safe side.

Thanks for reading and I hope that you have a wonderful day.

EDIT: I using the ASUS VG248QE 24 monitor 

Comparing the two, although LG monitor performs better in response time, it depends on your budget. M27Q is really good if you're on a tighter budget, while if you want "the best IPS 1440p monitor" then go with LG. Honestly because you mentioned playing mainly FPS you should go with LG 27GP850. 

PC spec: CPU: RYZEN 9 5950X | GPU: SAPPHIRE NITRO+ SE AMD RADEON 6900XT (Undervolt to 1045mV) | MB: MSI MAG TOMAHAWK x570 RAM: G.SKILL TRIDENT Z NEO 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3600 (OC to 3800 14-15-15-25) COOLING: NOCTUA NH-D15, BE QUIET! SILENT WINGS 120 & 140mm| CASE: IN-WIN 707 | 5.25" BAY: LG WH16NS60 INTERNAL BLU-RAY OPTICAL DRIVE | PSU: SEASONIC PRIME PLATINUM 1000WUPS: POWERSHIELD COMMANDER TOWER 1100VA

PERIPHERALS: KEYBOARD: CORSAIR K95 PLATINUM XT BROWN SWITCH | MOUSE: CORSAIR SABRE PRO WIRELESS | CONTROLLER: PDP AFTERGLOW WIRED CONTROLLER, DUALSENSE
DISPLAYS: LG 34GN8502x DELL S2721DGF | LG C1 48" 

HT & audio stuff:  AVR: MARANTZ SR7013 | STEREO AMPLIFIER: YAMAHA AS-501 | SPEAKERS: DALI OBERON 7 & DALI ZENSOR 1 & 2x SVS-SB2000 | HEADPHONE DAC+AMP: TOPPING L30+E30 | HEADPHONE: SENNHEISER HD6XX, BOSE QUIETCOMFORT 35 II | MICROPHONE: AUDIO-TECHNICA AT9934USB | BLU-RAY PLAYER: PANASONIC UB820

Objectively they both have bad contrast, as they're both IPS panels. The difference between 800:1 and 1000:1 is not noticeable at all. The LG has significantly better response times and a single overdrive mode that can be used for all refresh rates. It's objectively better than the M27Q. But it has to be if it's the more expensive option.

Even with VA panels that have 2000:1 or 3000:1 contrast ratios you are nowhere near real black.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.