Storage Spaces Messed Up, How to save my data?

So, I have a problem with window's storage spaces and am NOT an expert, so I'm needing some help. Current drive config (yes I know it's messy, I built it over time and really didn't wanna re-install my OS. Gonna get fixed over the winter holiday vacation)

image.thumb.png.deb884cd12615259e6561ee23b40f821.png

I had an issue with bad sata cables that was fixed when I re-cable managed my PC. Unfortunately, my RAID1 config that I had on my 2 1TB spinning rusts got lost. NBD, i have a 4TB backup, and can re-format that.

However, apparently after this event, my 500 GB SSD that I used for modded games was going in and out of visibility in windows. So I re-seated the cables, and then went to check drive health in Samsung magician when I noticed that the drive wasn't showing up properly

image.png.6f550c04c2f575b4df672c85890a87f2.png

So that second entry where it said it was a storage space got me thinking, so I checked storage spaces and got this:

image.png.18060cefd916779ee26a8c0e8172ad51.png

How??? So now I can't manage the drive properly, and I don't want it part of this storage space. I believe removing the drive re-formats it.

Most of the modded games on this drive took hours to set up; I don't really want to re-do all that and re-map everything. When I go to create a new pool, the 2 1TB drives don't show up, only a different drive that is NOT formatted (the gaming drive).

So how do I get out of this state? I can currently launch the games on the modding drive without issue but i'd rather get things right for my re-config, and I was planning on simply leaving this drive be for now. Thanks in advance.

3 hours ago, kingfurykiller said:

So, I have a problem with window's storage spaces and am NOT an expert, so I'm needing some help. Current drive config (yes I know it's messy, I built it over time and really didn't wanna re-install my OS. Gonna get fixed over the winter holiday vacation)

image.thumb.png.deb884cd12615259e6561ee23b40f821.png

I had an issue with bad sata cables that was fixed when I re-cable managed my PC. Unfortunately, my RAID1 config that I had on my 2 1TB spinning rusts got lost. NBD, i have a 4TB backup, and can re-format that.

However, apparently after this event, my 500 GB SSD that I used for modded games was going in and out of visibility in windows. So I re-seated the cables, and then went to check drive health in Samsung magician when I noticed that the drive wasn't showing up properly

image.png.6f550c04c2f575b4df672c85890a87f2.png

So that second entry where it said it was a storage space got me thinking, so I checked storage spaces and got this:

image.png.18060cefd916779ee26a8c0e8172ad51.png

How??? So now I can't manage the drive properly, and I don't want it part of this storage space. I believe removing the drive re-formats it.

Most of the modded games on this drive took hours to set up; I don't really want to re-do all that and re-map everything. When I go to create a new pool, the 2 1TB drives don't show up, only a different drive that is NOT formatted (the gaming drive).

So how do I get out of this state? I can currently launch the games on the modding drive without issue but i'd rather get things right for my re-config, and I was planning on simply leaving this drive be for now. Thanks in advance.

I feel the easiest to fix this is just to format and redownload windows

17 hours ago, lcboboy said:

I feel the easiest to fix this is just to format and redownload windows

Probably, but that's what I'm trying to avoid.

Also, it's NOT my boot drive that's messed up

It's possible to manipulate Storage Spaces via PowerShell, but you will have to look that up yourself.

On 11/17/2021 at 12:25 AM, NewMaxx said:

It's possible to manipulate Storage Spaces via PowerShell, but you will have to look that up yourself.

Thanks, I ended up giving up on and nuking it all