Wireless HDMI and extra screen

theereal

So, im looking to get an extra display to connect to my laptop whenever im at school. Im looking for something in the range of an ipad in size, however not nearly as expensive haha. My laptop is a Flow x13. I was wondering if someone has any recommendations on any lightweight, albeit sturdy products that fit the description? I also dont relish the idea of carrying around an HDMI cable everywhere to connect my laptop to the extra display, so i was wondering if there are any wireless HDMI like options out there? Ive seen some products on Amazon but they seem quite large and i might aswell simply carry around an entire cable. Im wondering if theres something out there that can connect them where i can simply have it plugged into my laptop and the other dongle in the screen at all times and have it barely be noticable, like a wireless USB mouse where the dongles are extremely small these days. Any advice would be greatly appriciated.

If i posted this in the wrong subforum i apologize in advance.

get a cheap android tablet and Superdisplay it is by far the best second screen app i have found on android, there is very little latency and things are smooth, not a jittery mess like most other apps i've tried. Works as a touchscreen and tablet (if it has pen support). and either wireless (though you must be connected to the same network, it's not direct wifi) or through USB (with USB debugging mode)

馃尣馃尣馃尣

鈼捖犫棐聽

1 minute ago, Arika S said:

get a cheap android tablet and Superdisplay it is by far the best second screen app i have found on android, there is very little latency and things are smooth, not a jittery mess like most other apps i've tried. Works as a touchscreen and tablet (if it has pen support). and either wireless or through USB (with USB debugging mode)

Thank you! I guess i wouldnt use the USB mode as a cable is what im attempting to avoid. How does the wireless function work? Do you connect both to the same wifi? Like your phones hotspot or something?

Just now, theereal said:

Do you connect both to the same wifi? Like your phones hotspot or something?

yeah, as long as they are connected to the same network it should work fine, sorry, i did update my post to make that clarification.

馃尣馃尣馃尣

鈼捖犫棐聽

Spacedesk聽could also be a great option for you. Allows you to use your phone laptop desktop or pretty much anything as an extra display.

On 4/5/2024 at 10:13 PM, LAwLz said:

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude.聽

聽^

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide