Could a faster ssd increase performance?

Dominatroy

I have a laptop with an ssd but when I load new areas in games the fps fluctuates my laptop has ryzen 7 3750h 16gb ram Gtx 1650 will a faster ssd increase performance

An SSD will probably get you faster load times, but not better performance.

On 4/5/2024 at 10:13 PM, LAwLz said:

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide

8 minutes ago, Dominatroy said:

I have a laptop with an ssd but when I load new areas in games the fps fluctuates my laptop has ryzen 7 3750h 16gb ram Gtx 1650 will a faster ssd increase performance

No. If you are just playing games it will basically do nothing over a basic SATA drive. What will give you a performance increase is dual channel ram, so make sure your 16GB is in dual channel, not single channel. 

Other than that, the 3750h isn’t a great chip, despite the name, it’s much slower than the 3700x, as the 3750 is still on 12nm, while the 4000h and 5000h series are 7nm.

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

I helped someone fix their computer with an HDD in it, an SSD really helped with boot time and performance, but difference between HDD and SSD can be night and day, not SSD and more expensive SSD. 

If my post helped you please hit the "Solved" button below ✅