WEIRD BLACK SCREENS

Go to solution Solved by Uptivuptiz,
1 minute ago, Anonymous 99 said:

-Snip-

Ok, that is definetly GPU related. I made a quick search on google and found people who had the same issue either reinstalled thier drivers or reinstalled Windows if that didn't work.

It does not seems like a hardware error.

Hi.

Today I was playing CoD Warzone and I got some wierd black screens. When I died and tried to go back to the lobby I got a black screen and the app closed without any error message. While playing everything was normal (no overheating, normal FPS...). And a few minutes back from now the same happened while trying to open DaVinci Resolve (the screen went black and the app crashed with no error message). I have no idea what could cause that because it wasnt happening until today.

I checked my pc for malware and found a trojan and deleted it but this didnt fix the problem.

PC SPECS

windows 11 pro 21H2 22000.282

motherboard: gigabyte B450 aorus elite

the newest BIOS - f63d

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600

GPU: gigabyte 2060 windforce oc 6gb (I overclocked it: 117% power limit, +145 on the core, +900 on the memory)

RAM: patriot viper 4 16gb 3200 mhz

PSU: be quiet! system power 9 600w

Try looking in the Event Viewer for any errors. Look under Windows Logs>System and then filter so it only shows Critical and Error.

image.thumb.png.30109ac1362256be507ca9b1531f14c6.png

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

19 minutes ago, Uptivuptiz said:

Try looking in the Event Viewer for any errors. Look under Windows Logs>System and then filter so it only shows Critical and Error.

image.thumb.png.30109ac1362256be507ca9b1531f14c6.png

I am just gonna post a screenshot here because i have no idea what iam looking at.

Posnetek zaslona (3).png

2 minutes ago, Anonymous 99 said:

-Snip-

Looking from what you got here, there's nothing GPU related. You can try scrolling down the list of errors and look for anything to do with the grafics card.

The symptoms you are having is pointing towards the GPU driver crashing.

You can try and delete your GPU drivers with DDU and download the latest ones from Nvidia's site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 minutes ago, Uptivuptiz said:

Looking from what you got here, there's nothing GPU related. You can try scrolling down the list of errors and look for anything to do with the grafics card.

The symptoms you are having is pointing towards the GPU driver crashing.

You can try and delete your GPU drivers with DDU and download the latest ones from Nvidia's site.

i only found this one that is different. the others are the same as the first screenshot.

Posnetek zaslona (2).png

1 minute ago, Anonymous 99 said:

-Snip-

Ok, that is definetly GPU related. I made a quick search on google and found people who had the same issue either reinstalled thier drivers or reinstalled Windows if that didn't work.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just now, Uptivuptiz said:

ok. i will try and reinstall the GPU drivers.

35 minutes ago, Uptivuptiz said:

I just reinstalled GPU drivers and I think the problem is fixed. Thank you for your help.