New Custom prebuild PC

Highog

Howdy 

I am looking to upgrade my existing pc with a new one and maybe sell the old one. 

My Budget: 10.000 - 13.000 dkk. (About 1500 - 2000 USD)

My old one is 5 years old (and my very first desktop) and you can see the components here. I only have one monitor:

Motherboard: ASUS Z170-P

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K, 4 x 3.50GHz (3.90Ghz Turbo)

Power supply: FSP 500W 60HHN 80+ Bronze

CPU Cooler: H60 120mm Hydro water cooling

Graphic card: ASUS GeForce GTX 970 Strix 4GD5

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 2x8GB 2400 MHz DDR4

Case: NZXT Phantom 240 Black/blue - Shark Gaming Edition (Shark-gaming own product)

Systemdisc: 240GB Kingston V300

Storage disc: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM

As you can see the graphic card is an old one but it still gets the job done but when I play like Warhammer 2, you can really hear the fans spinning like there is no tomorrow and It wasn’t even able to play the Company of Heroes 3 pre-alpha preview without lowering the graphics to the lowest so it's time to upgrade.

Though I have thought about it I am no genius on building one myself from scratch so I want to get a custom prebuild one from this webside https://www.mm-vision.dk/visiongaming/computer/vision-gaming. It's in danish but I think you can translate the pages to English.

List of games I own that is most demanding in graphic/power:

• Total war series (Troy and warhammer 2 at the moment, Soon Warhammer 3) 
  • Battlefield 1 
  • Battlefront 2, I don't play much online/multiplayer.
  • Nier Automata 
  • Metro Series (particle galore)
  • Company of heroes 2 (soon COH 3)
  • Control
  • Warhammer: Vermintide
  • Farcry series 
  • Sniper elite + Nazi zombie army

At the moment I am leaning towards these setups:

https://www.mm-vision.dk/visiongaming/Rage-gamer-computer

Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-11600 or i7-11700F

Cooler: Thermalright Macho or Corsair H60 120mm Hydro water cooling 

Motherboard: Asus TUF 560M-Plus Gaming motherboard

Ram: Corsair 16GB DDR4-3200 Vengeance RAM

SSD: Western Digital 1000GB SSD NVMe M.2

Graphic card: Asus GeForce® RTX 3060Ti 8GB Dual Graphic card --> Able to upgrade to RTX 3070 TI 8Gb

Power supply: Corsair TX550m 550W 80plus gold

Price: 11.442 DKK --> About 1781 USD

OR

https://www.mm-vision.dk/visiongaming/Monster-gaming-computer

Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-11600K or i7-11700K

Cooler: Be Quiet Pure Rock Fullsize cooler --> able to upgrade to Thermalright Macho cooler or Corsair H100x 240mm Hydro water cooling

Motherboard: Asus Z590-P Prime Motherboard

RAM: Corsair 16GB DDR4-3200 Vengeance RAM

SSD: Kingston 1000GB SSD NVMe M.2 Solid State

Graphic card: Asus GeForce® RTX 3070 8GB Dual Graphic card --> Able to upgrade to RTX 3070TI

Power Supply: Corsair TX650m 650W 80plus gold able --> able to upgrade to Silent PSU upgrade (Corsair RM750 80plus gold

Price: 12794 DKK --> about 1991 USD

So to sum up there is 2 things I am in doubt of what to pick:

Graphic cars: 3060ti, 3070 or 3070ti. The 3070Ti is of course the best one but also quite expensive and I doubt it is necessary with the games I play

CPU: Intel I5 or I7

You’re welcome to come with your own configuration trough the website that you think will fit best for me.

I hope it make sense and hope you can help

Hi there! 

Very detailed post. Nice job. One small thing though:

Before making any recommendations, I would like to know the resolution and refresh rate you game at.

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

21 hours ago, Dr0idGh0sT said:

That site seems pretty bad to me, No other option? 

There are other websides but this one hits my price range and goals the best

21 hours ago, Uptivuptiz said:

Hi there! 

Very detailed post. Nice job. One small thing though:

Before making any recommendations, I would like to know the resolution and refresh rate you game at.

Thank you

My resolution is the standard 1920 * 1080 

and the refresh rate is 100 hertz. It is possible to set it to 144 hertz

3 hours ago, Highog said:

There are other websides but this one hits my price range and goals the best

I get that, But checked this site and they have pretty bad builds. Bad quality case, Bad quality PSU and if u want to upgrade some part, They charge much more than part actually is worth. 

5 hours ago, Highog said:

My resolution is the standard 1920 * 1080 

and the refresh rate is 100 hertz. It is possible to set it to 144 hertz

Ok, cool.

For 1080p high refresh rate gaming I would recommend getting a 3060 Ti or higher. If you select this system and upgrade it with the ASUS 3060 Ti (or the 3070 for that matter, it's up to you to decide) you should be good while saving a fair amount of money. Maybe also upgrade the case too as the default one isn't the best quality. As a bonus it comes with a 3 year warranty compared to mm-vision with only 2 years.

DISCLAIMER:

I currently work at the place that makes the system I recommended above. While you might think that I'm recommending something from the place I work to boost sales, that couldn't be further from the truth.

The reason I'm recommending this system is because I not only know the quality of how the build it put together (ie. cable management and the likes), but also the process that follows after you get the system (ie. the RMA process if anything should go wrong with the system). My role on this forum IMO is to provide the best guidance I can muster. 

Wether you want to believe me or not is, of course, up to you. If you want to ask questions about anything relating the system or the site itself then feel free to PM me.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

21 hours ago, Uptivuptiz said:

Ok, cool.

For 1080p high refresh rate gaming I would recommend getting a 3060 Ti or higher. If you select this system and upgrade it with the ASUS 3060 Ti (or the 3070 for that matter, it's up to you to decide) you should be good while saving a fair amount of money. Maybe also upgrade the case too as the default one isn't the best quality. As a bonus it comes with a 3 year warranty compared to mm-vision with only 2 years.

DISCLAIMER:

I currently work at the place that makes the system I recommended above. While you might think that I'm recommending something from the place I work to boost sales, that couldn't be further from the truth.

The reason I'm recommending this system is because I not only know the quality of how the build it put together (ie. cable management and the likes), but also the process that follows after you get the system (ie. the RMA process if anything should go wrong with the system). My role on this forum IMO is to provide the best guidance I can muster. 

Wether you want to believe me or not is, of course, up to you. If you want to ask questions about anything relating the system or the site itself then feel free to PM me.

Well what are the odds of that and thank you for telling me the disclaimer (does that mean you speak danish?) 

I actually didn't think Proshop made custom made builds...

But okay, I have poked around and made a Build (see the attached), let me hear what you think, it hits just under 12.000 dkk

The motherboard seemed very basic so I upgraded that one but I'm not smart when it comes to motherboards. I know what slots it needs and all that but all the numbers they use when they test them is nonsense to me.

Also how do you determine the quality of a case? 

Build.docx

11 minutes ago, Highog said:

Well what are the odds of that and thank you for telling me the disclaimer (does that mean you speak danish?) 

But okay, I have poked around and made a Build (see the attached), let me hear what you think, it hits just under 12.000 dkk

The motherboard seemed very basic so I upgraded that one but I'm not smart when it comes to motherboards. I know what slots it needs and all that but all the numbers they use when they test them is nonsense to me.

Build.docx 171.64 kB · 0 downloads

You can usually save some money by going with a less expensive motherboard, because the more expensive ones have features you often don't need. For most users the B550 is totally fine.

Which case is a bit of a science. In terms of thermals, the "closed" ones perform worse. They have the Corsair 4000D Airflow, which is a really good one. Personally, I would take this one instead of the C520 you picked. If you're more interested in cases, check Gamers Nexus youtube channel (he has like a case review playlist with 120 vids or something)

You went with the stock cooler, which is fine (if you have a decent case 😛), and you can always upgrade it if it won't be enough. The Arctic Freezer eSports DUO would be a solid pick.

Two additional case fans do make sense (3 in the front, one in the back). Be quiet! is a bit more expensive, but those are solid. But if the case you're gonna pick already has 4 fans pre-installed, you don't need those.

650W should be enough for the build, but if you want to upgrade your GPU later it won't be.

I think the prices of proshop.dk are also pretty reasonable.

With all those changes (cheaper mainboard, added CPU cooler, better case, better PSU), it looks like this:

image.png.7106ae9f95bd17999002dbf8434cf38e.png

1 hour ago, Highog said:

Looking through the list you attached, I would say that the 2 extra beQuiet! fans are not needed as the case already comes with 4 fans (3 in the front, 1 in the back). Other than that it look good. And yes, I do speak danish. 😄 

54 minutes ago, slowy said:

-snip-

This is also a good config, nice job. 2 things I would change though:

1. The Arctic Freezer 34 eSports DUO is cheap, but the main drawback of that cooler is the extremely small coldplate on the bottom. It doesn't even cover the whole IHS on the CPU, which is a BIG nono in my book. I'd suggest replacing that with a Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB instead if an after market cooler is important.
  2. The PSU is a little overkill for this config (typically I recommend 850W for builds with a RTX 3080 or higher). If getting a high quality PSU is a big deal I would recommend the Corsair RM750. It strikes a good balance between price and upgradebility headroom. Unless you think you're gonna build a very high end system in the future.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

16 hours ago, Uptivuptiz said:

Looking through the list you attached, I would say that the 2 extra beQuiet! fans are not needed as the case already comes with 4 fans (3 in the front, 1 in the back). Other than that it look good. And yes, I do speak danish. 😄 

This is also a good config, nice job. 2 things I would change though:

1. The Arctic Freezer 34 eSports DUO is cheap, but the main drawback of that cooler is the extremely small coldplate on the bottom. It doesn't even cover the whole IHS on the CPU, which is a BIG nono in my book. I'd suggest replacing that with a Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB instead if an after market cooler is important.
  2. The PSU is a little overkill for this config (typically I recommend 850W for builds with a RTX 3080 or higher). If getting a high quality PSU is a big deal I would recommend the Corsair RM750. It strikes a good balance between price and upgradebility headroom. Unless you think you're gonna build a very high end system in the future.

I just picked the C520 because of the fans, I don't really care for the RGB. Sure they are nice to look at but It's not like i'm gonna look at the lights when playing 🙂 

Thank you Slowy for the info on arctic freezer, I'm picking the Cooler Master like you suggest

The build looks like this know:

·         ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF OC V2 LHR - 8GB GDDR6X RAM – Grafikkort

·         GIGABYTE B550 GAMING X V2 Bundkort - AMD B550 - AMD AM4 socket - DDR4 RAM – ATXAMD

·         Ryzen 5 5600X Wraith Prism CPU - 6 kerner 3.7 GHz

·         Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB - CPU Luftkøler - Max 30 dBA

·         G.Skill AEGIS DDR4-3200 C16 DC - 16GB

·         WD Blue SN550 NVMe SSD - 1TB

·         Seagate BarraCuda 3.5" ST2000DM008 Harddisk - 2 TB

·         DUTZO C520 TG RGB - Kabinet - Miditower – Sort

·         Corsair CV650 Powersupply - 650 Watt - 120 mm - 80 Plus Bronze certified

·         ASUS PCE-AC51

I'm staying with the B550 motherboard. As Slowy said the B550 is enough for most users 

Any recommendation on upgrading to Ryzen 7? 

47 minutes ago, Highog said:

I'm staying with the B550 motherboard. As Slowy said the B550 is enough for most users 

Any recommendation on upgrading to Ryzen 7? 

If you're only gaming on the system it doesn't make sense to upgrade as the extra cores generally does not improve performance in games.

If you plan on doing things like video rendering or programming, then Ryzen 7 should be the one to go with.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

55 minutes ago, Highog said:

----

I'm pretty sure you're gonna be happy with that PC 🙂

If you have the ability to add a comment before you hit the order button, make sure to write a thank you to@Uptivuptizand that you expect him to build it 😛 🤣

45 minutes ago, slowy said:

If you have the ability to add a comment before you hit the order button, make sure to write a thank you to@Uptivuptizand that you expect him to build it 😛 🤣

Unfortunatly, our system does not allow for commenting on orders (as far as I'm aware). I did work in the PC build department a year ago, but have been moved to the RMA department. So I won't be able to build it, sadly. 😂

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

25 minutes ago, Uptivuptiz said:

Unfortunatly, our system does not allow for commenting on orders (as far as I'm aware). I did work in the PC build department a year ago, but have been moved to the RMA department. So I won't be able to build it, sadly. 😂

Oh no, then you would be able to make your own little easter egg 😄

Alright folks it's done thank you so much for the assistance and help 😃

I actually considered getting the corsair airflow instead but I noticed it only had 1 usb port at the top front and i need minimum 2

• 2 months later...

Hi again folks

So I had the computer for a while now and I love it. Well until now

I gotten this problem that every time I close a game or minimize it to the desktop the pc kinda slowly freezes til it freezes completely and the only thing I can do is hold the powerbutton down to kill it which, pains me.

It happens with EVERY game I play big or small. I played Lego Lord of the rings for about 4-5 hours with a friend today and there was no problem until I closed the game.

When I played Battlefront 2 the game crashed but I think that was the game's fault. 

I don't suspect overheating, the temperature is fine running at 70 celsius when I played battlefront.

I tried digging a bit and the articles and post I found suggested it was the Powersupply that didn't have enough power, but I really don't think that is the case since it also freezes after closing small games like "Finding Paradise" that is made in RPG maker. Really not that demanding. I think it actually started when I tried to uninstall that game cause it froze in the process... 

I'm trying some different things in the mean time to see if it works.

Is it possible to "repair" windows? Maybe it is missing some files somewhere. 

Pc specs: 

Graphics card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF OC V2 LHR - 8GB GDDR6X RAM 

Motherboard: GIGABYTE B550 GAMING X V2

Ram: G.Skill AEGIS DDR4-3200 C16 DC - 16GB

Processer: ATX AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Wraith Prism CPU - 6 kerner 3.7 GHz - AMD AM4

Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper

Powersupply: Corsair CV650 Watts

Hope you can help once again. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/29/2022 at 11:08 PM, Highog said:

-snip-

Welp, I guess I'm a little late on this ("only" a month). 😄 

What do you mean specifically when you say it "slow freezes"? Like, is it stuttering or getting frame rate drops before it freezes completely? If you can, please provide a video of the issue as that is probably easier than trying to explain it. 😉 

If you have installed Bullguard that most likely came bundled with your PC, try and uninstall it. I have seen some issues with this programs that causes crashes and such with games.

If that doesn't work, the easiest step for you would be to RMA the PC. This way you dont have to spend time and energy on troubleshooting. Unless you want to of course (in that case hit me up on Discord, my ID is on my forum profile). 😄 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On 1/29/2022 at 5:08 PM, Highog said:

Hi again folks

So I had the computer for a while now and I love it. Well until now

I gotten this problem that every time I close a game or minimize it to the desktop the pc kinda slowly freezes til it freezes completely and the only thing I can do is hold the powerbutton down to kill it which, pains me.

It happens with EVERY game I play big or small. I played Lego Lord of the rings for about 4-5 hours with a friend today and there was no problem until I closed the game.

When I played Battlefront 2 the game crashed but I think that was the game's fault. 

I don't suspect overheating, the temperature is fine running at 70 celsius when I played battlefront.

I tried digging a bit and the articles and post I found suggested it was the Powersupply that didn't have enough power, but I really don't think that is the case since it also freezes after closing small games like "Finding Paradise" that is made in RPG maker. Really not that demanding. I think it actually started when I tried to uninstall that game cause it froze in the process... 

I'm trying some different things in the mean time to see if it works.

Is it possible to "repair" windows? Maybe it is missing some files somewhere. 

Pc specs: 

Graphics card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF OC V2 LHR - 8GB GDDR6X RAM 

Motherboard: GIGABYTE B550 GAMING X V2

Ram: G.Skill AEGIS DDR4-3200 C16 DC - 16GB

Processer: ATX AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Wraith Prism CPU - 6 kerner 3.7 GHz - AMD AM4

Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper

Powersupply: Corsair CV650 Watts

Hope you can help once again. 

Have you considered 1a software issue. Possibly caused when the uninstall failed. Another possibility would be malware.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.