Case Cooling Help

Gobel

I have my system for 4 years now and I want to add new fans to my case. I have a Corsair Spec-02 case and it comes with 1 120mm fan on the front.

System:

• CPU: Ryzen 5 1400
  • GPU: GTX 1050TI OC
  • Motherboard: ASUS Prime b350m-a
  • PSU: High Power 500W 80+ Bronze
  • SSD: WD Blue SN550 500G
  • HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM
  • RAM: XPG Gammix D30 2x8GB 3000Mhz

I was thinking about getting 2 of be quiet! bl039 pure wings 2 120mm fans. 1 for back exhaust and 1 for front intake. I also need a 4 pin splitter I think. Would it be better if I buy a fan hub instead? I learned from other posts that I shouldn't exceed 1A on CHA_FAN header. Do be quiet!'s fans and my case fan go over the 1A limit? Are 2 fans overkill for this system? Should I get something cheaper like Arctic fans instead. Thanks in advance!

I don't see a reason to go cheaper than the BeQuiet fans, they are decent fans, I've used them before.

You don't need necessarily need a fan hub, that's an added expense in my opinion.  2 fans will not exceed your motherboards 1 A limit (the fans you listed that is).  In my real quick search on your motherboard it appears you only have two fan headers, and one is your CPU cooler header. Not really a big deal though, I would just plug two fans into each since you will technically have 4 (including the CPU cooler).  Just realize on splitters only one is reporting the RPM back to the motherboard, and I would try and make sure the CPU cooler is recording the RPM back to the motherboard I think.

Also think ahead on whether you'll need extensions or not to get your fan wires where they need to be, might save you an order or make things neater. This might be the only situation where the fan hub makes sense. As fan splitters and extensions can add up. If a fan hub helps your routeing and is cheaper, go that route.

21 minutes ago, OhioYJ said:

Just realize on splitters only one is reporting the RPM back to the motherboard, and I would try and make sure the CPU cooler is recording the RPM back to the motherboard I think.

Does that mean I won't be able to control fan RPMs If I connect them to the case fan header?

4 minutes ago, Gobel said:

Does that mean I won't be able to control fan RPMs If I connect them to the case fan header?

No. The fan speed will be controlled by the motherboard. With a fan splitter only one fan can report RPM back to the motherboard. Both will get a PWM signal assuming they are PWM fans. If the are 3 wire fans, fan speed will be controlled by voltage. Either way fan speed will be controlled, but the RPM of only one is monitored. There is no way to get the RPM of both.

The Be Quiet fans you chose are good and quiet and your best opinion for 1 fan header is to use a fan splitter cable. Don't get a fan hub, unless you need more fans.

If you want to go more on a budget, then the only good fans I can recommend are Arctic F12/P12 (PWM) fans, which go for about $6 each. White being a bit more expensive.
If you have more to spend, then you can get Corsair AF120 fans or Corsair SP120 RGB (if you like RGB that is). I assume you choose performance over lights, but Corsair colored fans could match your current case lighting.