Unsafe gpu overclock

Ammon66

Hey guys, brand new member here and honestly the only reason I made this account was just to ask this one question so here goes.

What tips/dodgy hacks/anything whatsoever do you have for getting the literal most performance out of a gpu?

I have a gtx 980 that I just want to play around with to see what the max performance I could get out of it. Idc if it's unsafe or could damage it. I'm talking like liquid metal on a triple fan liquid cooler, power limited cranked to the max, everything I wanna hear your "good" ideas

A shunt mod is one of the ways you can get more juice, but at a risk of damaging the card. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

10 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

A shunt mod is one of the ways you can get more juice, but at a risk of damaging the card. 

Yep, voltmods are the way

Also might need to bypass ocp with either a physical mod or an evc2 cause ocp is a massive pain in the ass when heavy or extreme overclocking

1 hour ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Yep, voltmods are the way

Also might need to bypass ocp with either a physical mod or an evc2 cause ocp is a massive pain in the ass when heavy or extreme overclocking

I'm sorry what is ocp?

1 hour ago, Ammon66 said:

I'm sorry what is ocp?

Overcurrent protection aka if you raise the volts too high it will either shut down or ruin your overclock by lowering the voltages

My garbage p5q has ocp and when i try going over 1.8v vcore it just shuts off, peice of trash in the same pile as msi p45 boards cause low fsb, gets absolutely trounced on by any gigabyte, biostar, or dfi board so if my ud3p doesnt work after transplanting an nb to it from a dead p5q pro i have laying around these 2 p5qs are on the chopping block