Radeon Instinct rendering

da na

Can I use a Radeon Instinct card for GPU rendering? Specifically the MI8. They're cheap and I'd use an old FirePro card as a display out. It's basically an R9 Fury from what I can tell without the big heatsink. I have adequate cooling. 

Thanks!

If what you do doesn't require CUDA, I don't see a reason you couldn't use it. Just be warned you might run into issues since it's not getting driver updates anymore

Just now, RONOTHAN## said:

If what you do doesn't require CUDA, I don't see a reason you couldn't use it. Just be warned you might run into issues since it's not getting driver updates anymore

OK, thanks! Using ProRender on Cinema 4D which basically just needs a crap ton of Tflops and GPU cores, and server GPUs fit the bill quite well (and are quite cheap...)

10 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

OK, thanks! Using ProRender on Cinema 4D which basically just needs a crap ton of Tflops and GPU cores, and server GPUs fit the bill quite well (and are quite cheap...)

Yeah, a GPU is a GPU, and the workload that card had when it was in a server probably isn't that much different to what you're doing.