LENOVO LAPTOP, TOUCHPAD IS MISSING/NOT WORKING! Please help mešŸ˜¢

NeVarth

Hello guys, Iā€™ve been trying to fix my newly bought laptop. Last night, Iā€™ve downloaded a software that update my drivers. After updating my driver, the touchpad application I think have gone missingšŸ˜¢. I tried the LENOVO support, but the synaptics drivers is not there for my model. The mouse in the device manager is not showing only the USB mouse also, and i tried reseting, restarting,Ā shutdown and ā€œscan hardware changesā€ in device managerĀ but still not work. Thank you guys hope u can help mešŸ€

7F16F501-79BC-405F-9BE7-CA2742921047.jpeg

229FB507-921D-43D8-855F-B7467966B3E4.jpeg

87183CA0-3129-4CA4-A683-C06DD2155904.jpeg

From what i know, some laptops can disable trackpad with a key combination, with my old laptop it was FN+F10, but i've also seen FN+F7

Ā 

I can imagine it getting 'disabled' while doing a driver update. Maybe try that?

Can confirm, I have a Legion 5 - 82B1, and the touchpad lock is Fn+F10. Try that.

Ā 

Also, my drivers are standard Windows drivers. I tried Synaptics drivers while troubleshooting another problem and they do not work. Not for this model at least.

Ā 

Is the Vantage app not showing any further updates? Or any optional updates in Windows update?

Ā 

You may also need this app for Fn keys to function normally if you haven't installed it. It is official Lenovo app, but does not show on Lenovo site for whatever reason:

Ā 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/lenovo-hotkeys/9pcmmnb260tx#activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Ā 

For what it's worth, here is what my device manager shows:

Ā 

Ā 

Screenshot 2021-11-02 090015.jpg