Multi-cam stream and production PC

Budget (including currency): Under $1200 US (not including capture card)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: OBS/Streamlabs, Adobe Premiere

Other details This is to be used as a portable dedicated studio streaming PC. I need this PC to be as small as possible (handle is a bonus) but be able to fit both an Nvidea GPU and (in the future) a Blackmagic DeckLink Quad Capture Card (not included in the budget). I will be using cheapo HDMI to USB capture cards (4) for a short time and I use a Zoom L-12 for audio so would need enough IO for that as well.

Appreciate the help!

One though, why not get the blackmagic ATEM mini? You get a better interface for live video switching, and need less pc power too.

If you have to accommodate a GPU and a capture card mini-ITX is out. Which leaves you with mATX, not the smallest of formats.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i7-11700 2.5 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($339.99 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S 82.52 CFM CPU Cooler  ($84.95 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI MAG B560M MORTAR WIFI Micro ATX LGA1200 Motherboard  ($157.94 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($124.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($139.99 @ Adorama) 
Power Supply: Lian Li SP 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular SFX Power Supply  ($129.99 @ Newegg Sellers) 
Custom: Obsidian Black Cerberus mATX SFF Case1 ($285.00)
Total: $1262.85
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-10-30 22:59 EDT-0400

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

8 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

One though, why not get the blackmagic ATEM mini? You get a better interface for live video switching, and need less pc power too.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m not sure the ATEM will allow me to have multiple cameras in one scene?

1 minute ago, Scottastic said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m not sure the ATEM will allow me to have multiple cameras in one scene?

Depends on the model, many support picture in picture, so you can have multiple cameras in one scene. How do you want to see multiple cameras at once?

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Depends on the model, many support picture in picture, so you can have multiple cameras in one scene. How do you want to see multiple cameras at once?

It depends on the show, but one in particular I work on has the main studio shot filling most of the screen and a second camera in the upper left (with a chat widget below). I then need to change scenes to a third camera on a green screen and occasionally a fourth on the audience.

8 minutes ago, Scottastic said:

It depends on the show, but one in particular I work on has the main studio shot filling most of the screen and a second camera in the upper left (with a chat widget below). I then need to change scenes to a third camera on a green screen and occasionally a fourth on the audience.

Yea the atems should be able to do all of that. Id go with them as they just work better than most of the software solutions Ived used.

5 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Yea the atems should be able to do all of that. Id go with them as they just work better than most of the software solutions Ived used.

Been doing some YouTube digging and I really don’t see a way to accomplish the attached layout example? It seems everything I’m seeing about the ATEM is that it’s 4 in 1 out. It’s a cool piece of kit but I need more flexibility than what it looks like it gives.

EFBA914A-9C83-4E40-BDFE-3B52A633916A.jpeg