5700xt reference with aftermarket watercooler, what TIM to use?

BTGbullseye

Ok, so I have a reference model 5700xt that has an Eiswolf Pro 240 cooler on it, and while everything is amazingly cool and quiet, the hotspot temps are getting dangerously high (113° spikes, and 108° averages at 106% power) when running above 100% power limit. This is with a generous undervolt, and no overclocking on the core. Oddly, the temps don't change at all when also overclocking, but I do get slightly better performance.

The question I have is this, what thermal paste would be best? Should I look into using liquid metal? Currently I'm using Prolimatech PK-3, same as I use for my CPU.

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

Liquid metal may give the best performance, but are a pain in the ass to use and clean up.

If you go for it, be really careful to cover up the components surrounding the GPU chip. You can use some nail polish or something to coat them. Also, its a liquid, so it will spill if you use to much but will not sufficient cover if you use to little.

And also, do NOT use it if the cold plate on the heat sink is aluminium. The Gallium in liquid metal will eat up aluminium and solder in no time (copper or nikkel plating is fine)

If you want me to answer, please use the quote function or tag me. I dont get notified unless you do