Wifi turning off when using multiple applications at once.

synapserequired

Im currently experiencing a problem where my pc will 'overload' when using multiple applications at once, for example being in a rainbow six seige game while in a discord call results in my discord ms reaching 5000 and my wifi completely disconnecting, it will eventually return after 30 seconds or so, i have no idea what could be causing this problem and my only assumption is that it is due to my network card. any help is much appreciated.

Do other devices get disconnected from the WiFi at the same time you do? This will narrow it down to either your PC or your WiFi router. If other devices are getting disconnected at the same time it is your router, not your PC.

How good of a WiFi connection do you have to your PC? Your PC is always going to try and negotiate the highest speed possible, even to its detriment. What could be happening is that your PC is trying to communicate at speed that it cannot achieve given the current signal strength. Forcing the PC to "scream" louder and harder to make a connection which leads to more errors until too many have piled up and you get the crash you are experiencing.

Do you have the option to connect your PC by Ethernet, even if just temporarily to help figure out if this is a WiFi issue or not. Ethernet is much more stable than WiFi so it will give you a more reliable starting number.

19 minutes ago, BecauseRussia said:

Do other devices get disconnected from the WiFi at the same time you do? This will narrow it down to either your PC or your WiFi router. If other devices are getting disconnected at the same time it is your router, not your PC.

How good of a WiFi connection do you have to your PC? Your PC is always going to try and negotiate the highest speed possible, even to its detriment. What could be happening is that your PC is trying to communicate at speed that it cannot achieve given the current signal strength. Forcing the PC to "scream" louder and harder to make a connection which leads to more errors until too many have piled up and you get the crash you are experiencing.

Do you have the option to connect your PC by Ethernet, even if just temporarily to help figure out if this is a WiFi issue or not. Ethernet is much more stable than WiFi so it will give you a more reliable starting number.

just my own, ive already narrowed it down to it being my pc, and the connection is decently good apart from when its shutting off. in terms of ethernet i do not believe itd be possible for me to connect although i could give it a go. however i believe its something to do with my network as it forces me to disconnect and reconnect to my wifi in order to get it working as good as before.