intel igpus, are they any good?

Indian pc builder
Go to solution Solved by RONOTHAN##,
1 minute ago, Indian pc builder said:

will intel uhd 630 graphics get me enough power to play said games at low settings?

Maybe at low settings 720p, but I wouldn't expect a very playable experience with it. If you need to go iGPU, you really should go for 11th/12th gen Intel or a Ryzen APU like the 5600G. The graphics performance on one of those is miles better than a UHD 630 

ok really, will i be able to play cod modern warfare, battlefield 4 and assassins creed 3, on intel's xe graphics on 11th gen cpu's, or any other gpu in older intel chips or thr ryzen igpu's(i donot know a lot about the ryzen igpus)

Imagine everything i have written in a Linus Voice/ linus tone (Spock live long and prosper gif here ,idk why tho, i guess i just want to say that i like star trek and am waiting for new seasons of the ongoing shows), But seriously, a lot of what i type only makes sense when said in a Linus tone from an older ltt video (circa 2017-2019 & now 2024-onwards) basically before he got a beard and a lot of it should make sense even in a Linus with a beard face.

also note as per the latest typing test on my laptop, my accuracy is 69%

I'm not weird/creepy, I'm just observant I have ADHD and am not on any meds for it.

No they arent very good, they are there for troubleshooting and basic tasks, Gaming stuff is going to be real bad on them, but they will hold you over if you cant find a GPU. Id wait to play those games though if you want a decent experince.

Technically, you can play on it but... Even with the lowest quality or resolution, still don't expect much, it shutters a lot, at least on me. But I seen the Ryzen 7 4800H's iGPU performance on Dota 2... It amazes me when it runs on be like 120+ FPS with barely any shutter.

And welp, perhaps if you want it be like me who forced myself to game on iGPU (Intel HD P4000 here) because component prices sucks af nowadays, just make sure you have a decent CPU cooler than the stock ones to at least make the iGPU runs on the good clock speed.

Humor me, as you should do.

Daily drivers, below.

Diccbudd PC

Intel Xeon E3-1225 v2 || ASRock B75M Motherboard || MSI GeForce GTX 1650 Gaming X 4G || Hynix 2x8 GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM || 480 GB Pioneer APS-SL3 SATA SSD // 1 TB Seagate 2.5" HDD || be quiet! System Power 9 500 W PSU || Cooler Master T20 CPU Cooler || Samsung S19D300 Monitor || Fantech X6 Knight Mouse || VortexSeries VX7 Pro Keyboard

Samsung Galaxy A34 5G

8GB RAM, 256GB Internal Storage, 128GB SanDisk Extreme, and you could find the rest of the specs on the interwebz lol

Lenovo ThinkPad L390 Yoga

Intel Core i5-8365U || 8 + 16 GB DDR4 (don't ask, gf bought me the 16 GB RAM as my birthday present lol) || Samsung 256GB SSD

Personal Server: CasaOS, Home Assistant, ESPHome, Jellyfin.

AMD E-350 || 3GB DDR3 || 120GB random SSD || 1TB Toshiba HDD

Audio

Redmi TV Soundbar || KZ EDX Ultra + KZ APTX Bluetooth Module || JCALLY JM6 CX31933 DAC

2 minutes ago, TukangUsapEmenq said:

Technically, you can play on it but... Even with the lowest quality or resolution, still don't expect much, it shutters a lot, at least on me. But I seen the Ryzen 7 4800H's iGPU performance on Dota 2... It amazes me when it runs on be like 120+ FPS with barely any shutter.

And welp, perhaps if you want it be like me who forced myself to game on iGPU (Intel HD P4000 here) because component prices sucks af nowadays, just make sure you have a decent CPU cooler than the stock ones to at least make the iGPU runs on the good clock speed.

so will i be able to play the games i have said at a lowest settings on intel i5 9600k graphics at atleast 30fps?

Imagine everything i have written in a Linus Voice/ linus tone (Spock live long and prosper gif here ,idk why tho, i guess i just want to say that i like star trek and am waiting for new seasons of the ongoing shows), But seriously, a lot of what i type only makes sense when said in a Linus tone from an older ltt video (circa 2017-2019 & now 2024-onwards) basically before he got a beard and a lot of it should make sense even in a Linus with a beard face.

I'm not weird/creepy, I'm just observant I have ADHD and am not on any meds for it.

because i am trying for intel and not amd as amd chips in india are much more expensive than intel

Intel's Xe Graphics is pretty good (when drivers work) for an iGPU. You can probably play all those games on there, but you'd probably be limited to low to medium settings. For reference, I've got a laptop with Xe Graphics (i5 1135G7) and can play CS:GO at medium to high settings at about 80FPS 1080p. Don't expect miracles, but you should be able to play games with it. 

AMD's iGPU is also really good in their APUs. The 5700G is pretty strong for integrated graphics, competing with the GT 1030. Again, don't expect miracles, and if you can get a GPU do it, but if you have it, you can game on it.

Older iGPUs from intel, are basically garbage and you shouldn't game with them unless you really have to.

3 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Intel's Xe Graphics is pretty good (when drivers work) for an iGPU. You can probably play all those games on there, but you'd probably be limited to low to medium settings. For reference, I've got a laptop with Xe Graphics (i5 1135G7) and can play CS:GO at medium to high settings at about 80FPS 1080p. Don't expect miracles, but you should be able to play games with it. 

AMD's iGPU is also really good in their APUs. The 5700G is pretty strong for integrated graphics, competing with the GT 1030. Again, don't expect miracles, and if you can get a GPU do it, but if you have it, you can game on it.

Older iGPUs from intel, are basically garbage and you shouldn't game with them unless you really have to.

ok, thanks for the input

will intel uhd 630 graphics get me enough power to play said games at low settings?

1 minute ago, Indian pc builder said:

Maybe at low settings 720p, but I wouldn't expect a very playable experience with it. If you need to go iGPU, you really should go for 11th/12th gen Intel or a Ryzen APU like the 5600G. The graphics performance on one of those is miles better than a UHD 630 

ok, thank you very much for the advice