Ryzen 2600x idle temp 50C with an AIO

Yousif-Nael

As the title says, my CPU is R5 2600x 4.2GHz (core performance boost) is sitting idle in between 40C to 50C with a Masterliquid ML240L v2 AIO at full fan speed and full pump speed. is it normal for this CPU with these temps? btw the max temps are 68C to 72C on 100% CPU usage.

Only a few things it can be. 

• High ambient room temps
  • Failed/failing pump 
  • Poor CPU block contact with CPU (including thermal paste application)
  • Extremly poor case airflow

Load temp is all you need to worry about and 72c is very decent at 100% load. Looks good from my seat.

3 minutes ago, rickeo said:

Only a few things it can be. 

• High ambient room temps
  • Failed/failing pump 
  • Poor CPU block contact with CPU (including thermal paste application)
  • Extremly poor case airflow

I can't check the room temps but the weather outside is 19C and my thermal paste is very good applied and the case is the Cooler Master H500 and I have the radiator front-mounted with a push setup with two 200mm fans that the case came with...

5 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Load temp is all you need to worry about and 72c is very decent at 100% load. Looks good from my seat.

yeah and I don't reach 100% load anyway all I do is gaming so it reaches a max of 50%.

3 minutes ago, Yousif-Nael said:

yeah and I don't reach 100% load anyway all I do is gaming so it reaches a max of 50%.

Well I'm Jealous honestly, cause my 2700X is one Hot mofo. I de-lidded it to see if that would make any impact, it does not. Re-lidded with paste and still using the stock air cooler. It likes to be over 80c a lot at 100% cpu usage no matter what. haha.

1 minute ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Well I'm Jealous honestly, cause my 2700X is one Hot mofo. I de-lidded it to see if that would make any impact, it does not. Re-lidded with paste and still using the stock air cooler. It likes to be over 80c a lot at 100% cpu usage no matter what. haha.

yeah... when I first got the 2600x with the stock cooler on 100% it managed to hit 95C so I decided to go with a new cooling setup. did not know how the stock cooler is that bad on my old 1500x CPU 😅

Just now, Yousif-Nael said:

yeah... when I first got the 2600x with the stock cooler on 100% it managed to hit 95C so I decided to go with a new cooling setup. did not know how the stock cooler is that bad on my old 1500x CPU 😅

Oh was it the Spire or stealth? I have a couple of those laying around too actually lol. I'm not even sure what they call the one on the Ryzen Athlons, but there's not a whole lot to it. Have a cooler from a 1400 and 1200 think those where the spire and stealth coolers. 

Now the Wraith Prism, it's decent. I think the 8 cores just have so many transistors, they can really generate a lot of heat. But the wraith on the 1400, that thing runs well under 70c usually. And on the Athlon, you can completely remove the fan and passively cool the 200 and 220ge chips.

1 minute ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Oh was it the Spire or stealth? I have a couple of those laying around too actually lol. I'm not even sure what they call the one on the Ryzen Athlons, but there's not a whole lot to it. Have a cooler from a 1400 and 1200 think those where the spire and stealth coolers. 

Now the Wraith Prism, it's decent. I think the 8 cores just have so many transistors, they can really generate a lot of heat. But the wraith on the 1400, that thing runs well under 70c usually. And on the Athlon, you can completely remove the fan and passively cool the 200 and 220ge chips.

it was the Wraith spire cooler the one that came with the 2600x and I was using a thermal paste that is more expensive than the cooler itself lol

6 minutes ago, Yousif-Nael said:

it was the Wraith spire cooler the one that came with the 2600x and I was using a thermal paste that is more expensive than the cooler itself lol

Well, I like when they ship with coolers. At least you can set em' up and run them upgrade the cooler later. At least there's that XD.