Should I install all my motherboard drivers?

Omie

Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/VJPPHN

So I built this PC and I've had it for about 4 years now and I've recently been noticing stuttering in all my games. I can't for the life of me remember if I downloaded my motherboard drivers, and I'm just planning to do a full-blown maintenance of my computer by reinstalling all motherboard drivers and using DDU to uninstall/reinstall my GPU drivers.

My question is, is it safe to install all the drivers (including BIOS) on my motherboard's website? https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-maximus/rog-maximus-ix-formula-model/helpdesk_download

Also, if I already did download the motherboard drivers when I first built my PC, will there be any harm if I redownload the drivers a second time? I'm not comfortable with uninstalling motherboard drivers first before reinstalling because I honestly don't know where all of them live.

Your mobo manufacturer's website is the only safe place to download and install drivers and BIOS from. There's no harm in installing the drivers again. You're basically just updating them.

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

1 hour ago, aisle9 said:

Your mobo manufacturer's website is the only safe place to download and install drivers and BIOS from. There's no harm in installing the drivers again. You're basically just updating them.

Thanks, will do.

Completely safe, but I would only update the BIOS if it fixes something you have trouble with and you know your PSU is stable. For the rest I only install audio and chipset drivers.

12 minutes ago, Pixelfie said:

Completely safe, but I would only update the BIOS if it fixes something you have trouble with and you know your PSU is stable. For the rest I only install audio and chipset drivers.

There is a new BIOS update out but it says for Windows 11 support, although my i7 7700k isn't supported. Should I still update the BIOS? I recently noticed stuttering issues in all games I play.