Razer brand Overrated?

CharlieMR

For me razer mice is pretty well done, although their previous keyboards (Blackwidow 2013 seems fine) were somewhat crappy.

You really do have to hand it to them for aesthetics though, i can't say that they don't look good, because they do.

I would disagree with you there. I think the aesthetics of their products are really bad. I personally think they look tacky and childish. Ive heard some terrible things about their products and wont be buying any of it.

I would disagree with you there. I think the aesthetics of their products are really bad. I personally think they look tacky and childish. Ive heard some terrible things about their products and wont be buying any of it.

There will always be bad reviews no matter what. I heard bad things to but i tried it and havent regretted it

You cannot get the Performance per Dollar to Razer. That's why they are overrated. If they scale down their prices, the overrated issue wouldn't be that bad. But for me, my experience with Blackwidow Ultimate is not that bad. Actually I like it. Macros and stuff really increased my performance in MMOs. But, its still a keyboard. You can buy a gaming keyboard of a lower price that has a same performance like a Razer Blackwidow. Example is Corsair K90.

I love my Naga Epic, by far the best mouse I've ever used. I'm not a fan of Synapse, though, since it doesn't work that well on my system. It loads up on launch, but it refuses to open any windows to let me edit the options. However, the mouse works fine without the software installed and I don't mind editing my keybindings on a game-by-game basis.

While my next peripheral, likely a keyboard, isn't guaranteed to be a Razer product, I don't have any personal reason to rule them out.

Some of their mice is okay if you want a load of buttons, but other than that I really don't like Razer. I hear that their products break really easily, and that they aren't made to last long.   

I'm fine with the brand, although they don't do anything new or fresh to the table, making me just want to buy any other brand such as cooler master to get the same quality with a different price tag and logo. I only hate the fact that all of the league finatics in my school (everyone) pretty much always say "if you don't got razer, you ain't pro"

makes me want to punch them in the uterus

There are so many great peripherals manufacturers out there, including the likes of Logitech, Max Keyboard, Ducky, Sennheiser, and XTracPads among others. When I see pictures of people's setups with nothing but Razer gear as far as the eye can see, I feel disgust well up deep inside of me. I tend to see Razer "fanboys" as unsuspecting victims of clever marketing campaigns more than anything.

Intel Core i7-5930K | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS X99-M WS | 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Seasonic 660XP2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

LG 34UM95-P w/ Ergotron MX  | O2/ODAC | Audioengine A5+ w/ AS8 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Ducky Shine 3 | Cooler Master Storm Spawn

Before i got into computer gaming i did look at the specs and price. However there are multiple razer mice that beat the g500 for the same price. Plus razer is also huge on erganomics (Sorry if i misspelled that) The deathadder,orachi, and the naga is only 10 bucks more. You say razer is overpriced yet they arent that much more expensive. To me it seems people would rather look at all of razers flaws, which from my experience are zero, then look at the good. Plus if you dont like razer dont buy from them simple as that. I hate they way logitech designs their equipment and guess what i dont buy from them.

Dude don't even think about comparing the Deathadder to the g500s, laser beats standard optic tracking every day, laser mice are amazing, and by comparing the the g500 with a deathadder makes you look like a fanboy and you did not look at the specs at all, Naga again is a different story

The old g500 ( not the 500s ) is now 20 $less expensive than the Naga ( they are not the same price range, new one is still 10 $ cheaper and the naga you talk about is the old version, the new one is more expensive )

the closest Razer hs to the g500 is the Imperator

I own a razer mouse and i know what i am talking about, i used the deathadder, imperator, and a naga, but when i took the g500 in my hand it was like nothing i ever used before, the most accurate mouse i have ever used, the laser is amazing. not to mention adjusting weight can make a world of difference in fps games...

System

CPU: i7 4770kMotherboard: Asus Maximus VI HeroRAM: HyperX KHX318C9SRK4/32 - 32GB DDR3-1866 CL9 / GPU: Gainward Geforce GTX 670 Phantom Case: Cooler Master HAF XBStorage: 1 TB WD BluePSU: Cooler Master V-650sDisplay(s): Dell U2312HM, LG194WT, LG E1941

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15Keyboard: Logitech G710+Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus SpectrumSound: Focusrite 2i4 - USB DAC / OS: Windows 7 (still holding on XD)

Guys... look what I found... I've fallen in love with this company... its like Razer but a bit cheaper (not that good in mice) but way better in Keyboards and innovative products, I dtrongly reccomend you check this shit up: http://www.roccat.org/home/

Rig (laptop): MOUNTAIN GTM 17ivy, 17,3'' 1920x1080, i7-3630QM 2,4/3,4 Ghz 4c/8t 6Mb, 16GB RAM, RAID 0 120GB, NVidia GTX675 2GB.

Peripherals: Shitty Laptop cooler, Razer Naga (2010 Edition) and Razer Megalodon.

Razer products are not over rated, but over priced :P

there are a few products from razer that are actually really really good qualilty.
razer products are for people who dont mind paying a little more.

its almost like apple products being over priced (not to the same scale).

so I guess its like a branding thing

Ryzen 9 5900x | x570 TUF Gaming Pro Wifi | 32gb GSkill 4x8gb @3000mhz CL15 | ASUS Strix RX480 8gb | XFX 750W psu | Cosair H100i GTX | Fractal Design R5

Drop ENTR Halo True | Logitech G900 Choas Spectrum | Blue-Yeti | AKG k553 Pro

Guys... look what I found... I've fallen in love with this company... its like Razer but a bit cheaper (not that good in mice) but way better in Keyboards and innovative products, I dtrongly reccomend you check this shit up: http://www.roccat.org/home/

XD i am from Europe so i know about this one, and they have awesome mice, tried the Kova+, the only thing this mouse is missing is a laser sensor, other than that it's great, even the software is good, and you can customize it very well.

Razer products are not over rated, but over priced :P

there are a few products from razer that are actually really really good qualilty.

razer products are for people who dont mind paying a little more.

its almost like apple products being over priced (not to the same scale).

so I guess its like a branding thing

Yeah true, but i even so i love my Razer mouse, it was on sale and my gf bought it for me, and i must say the build qulity is awesome, and like i said, razer peripheals that are enty level are not low end, my mouse is over 2 years old it performs the same as the day i got it, flawless, wish it had more buttons XD

System

CPU: i7 4770kMotherboard: Asus Maximus VI HeroRAM: HyperX KHX318C9SRK4/32 - 32GB DDR3-1866 CL9 / GPU: Gainward Geforce GTX 670 Phantom Case: Cooler Master HAF XBStorage: 1 TB WD BluePSU: Cooler Master V-650sDisplay(s): Dell U2312HM, LG194WT, LG E1941

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15Keyboard: Logitech G710+Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus SpectrumSound: Focusrite 2i4 - USB DAC / OS: Windows 7 (still holding on XD)

XD i am from Europe so i know about this one, and they have awesome mice, tried the Kova+, the only thing this mouse is missing is a laser sensor, other than that it's great, even the software is good, and you can customize it very well.

I am from Spain, never heard it before... just found out they existed through www.mountain.es the brand that made my laptop xD I'm so ashamed =/

Rig (laptop): MOUNTAIN GTM 17ivy, 17,3'' 1920x1080, i7-3630QM 2,4/3,4 Ghz 4c/8t 6Mb, 16GB RAM, RAID 0 120GB, NVidia GTX675 2GB.

Peripherals: Shitty Laptop cooler, Razer Naga (2010 Edition) and Razer Megalodon.

Their keyboards, at least in my opinion, are just awful. Love Logitech keyboards and mice (G500 was my old mouse, gave it to my girlfriend), and my DAS is just the dream. But the Deathadder is honestly the best mouse I have ever laid my hands on. I love how comfy it is, the fantastic material it has on the top, the ergonomics. I've also used the Steelseries Sensei, and I can still say that the Deathadder 2012/11 is the best. I don't want to use the 2013 because of the green LED, and my PC is blue. OCD. Meh.

CPU: Intel i7 3960x @4.2 Ghz cooled by Corsair H100i |Case: Corsair 800D | Motherbord: Asus Sabertooth X79 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB 1600MHz CL9 | Video Card: SLI EVGA GTX 680 Standard Edition
Power Supply: Corsair 1050W Silver | SSD: OCZ Vertex 4 128GB | HDD #1: Western Digital 1TB 6Gb/s 10000rpm | HDD #2: Western Digital 1TB 6Gb/s 10000rpm HDD #3: Western Digital 500GB 6Gb/s 10000rpm |
Monitor #1: Asus VK278Q | Monitor #2: Asus VS238H | Monitor #3: Asus VS238H |

Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2012 | Mouse Mat: Steelseries QCK+ | Keyboard: DAS Keyboard Professional S Silent Pro| Headset : AKG K271 MKII | Microphone: AT2020USB

I have been hit and miss with Razer products. I had a Lycosa for quite some time and it was plagued with firmware issues and questionable build quality. I bought it because it looked cool. I didn't know much about keyboards so I just jumped into it blind I guess. I also have a Deathadder mouse that has served me well over the 2 years that I have had it. So I guess it's like any other product, hit and miss.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

I love Razer, their products have a cool look and although they're expensive they're generally well built in my opinion and they certainly know how to do packaging. I use the Blackwidow Ultimate as my keyboard for my desktop and I love it to bits. I also have one of their larger mousepads and I have no problems with it.

TL;DR: I love the brand and their visuals although their products are rather expensive.

i7 3770K @4.3Ghz, H100, 16GB RAM, Windforce 780Ti & 680, HyperX 3K 120GB SSD, Seagate 500GB, WD 2TB Black, Asus Z-77 V-PRO, Some ODD, 3X 24" 1080P

I personally think Razer is overrated. Don't get me wrong though, they make good mice, but nothing extraordinary which they always tend to advertise with.

I've had 3 Razer products. Razer Lachesis (1st gen) amazing mouse, I still use it when I go linking. And I've had Razer Mamba 1st gen and 2nd gen. Both of them which are very good and comfortable, but the batter life on the wireless mode was terrible, it just gets worse and worse over time.

When choosing a "gaming peripheral" there is no such thing as Razer vs Logitech or SteelSeries. Just choose a mouse which you think looks good, feels good and has what you want.

Command Center:

Case: Corsair 900D; PSU: Corsair AX1200i; Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition; CPU: i7-3970x; CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i; GPU: 2x ASUS DCII GTX780Ti OC; RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (8x8) 2133MHz CL9; Speaker: Logitech Z2300; HDD 1: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB; HDD 2: 2x Samsung 540 EVO 500GB (Raid 0); HDD 3: 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB (Raid 0); Monitor 1: LG 42" LED TV; Monitor 2: BenQ XL2420TE; Headphones 1: Denon AH-D7000Headphones 2Audio-Technica AD1000PRMHeadphones 3Sennheiser Momentum Over-EarHeadsetSteelseries Siberia Elite; Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RBG; Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300; Other: Macbook Pro 15 Retina (Mid-2014), PlayStation 4, Nexus 7 32GB (2014), iPhone 6 64GB, Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB

Personally i have had bad experiences with razer. 

I can never get the Synapse software to work and settings are constantly resetting on my peripherals. Dpi, lighting, etc.

Also i have the Razer Naga but it constantly locks at random times and i have to lift the mouse away from the pad for a second then put it back down. Not ideal. (I would like to note my naga has just locked while typing this post)

So personnaly i have had bad experiences with Razer to the point where i will prob steer clear from now on. It is a shame because there stuff looks gd and feels gd. Software is awful tho.

its become very mainstream so people like to talk crap about it

i joke and say i dont have one cause i dont want to be a tool lol

but they do make decent products

EDIT: the person above me is a nerd/hipster   :huh:  ^_^

razer products are alright. however their software is trash.

Here is where I would keep my frolics if I had any.

Razer aren't too bad, I don't find any of their keyboards to be anything special but their mice are definitely up their. Personally I prefer steel series or logitech when it comes to mice though, as for headsets and such I prefer to use a decent set of headphones and a detachable mic.

Overrated? Yeah a little imo, they're not bad but not really any better than any of the other major players out there in terms of gaming peripherals.

Like what Linus mentioned, Razer sells a lot to get so much bad reviews. I'm not saying that they are good by any stretch of imagination but their marketing is by far one of the best in the PC industry.

Now, lets move on to their products, I generally don't like most of their products as I think they are quite stupid, overrated and overpriced.

Deathadder 2013 - Really? The sensor on the Deathadder 3.5 is considered one of the best for FPS gaming, changing the sensor spoils the entire mouse!

Lycosa - I had one, shift broke after 6 months, keys were disgusting to type on. The media control thingy was cool though.

Lycosa Mirror - I had one as well, space collapsed on the left side and the glossy finish is a fingerprint magnet!

Blackwidow - Glossy handrest, blue switches

Mamba - Latency issues

Tiamat 7.1 - Really? -.-

Blade - You must be mad, for that price get an Asus G75, Aspire S7 and then some...

Sometimes Razer makes great products, but rarely...

Deathadder 3/3.5G - Great mouse, period.

Copperhead - Solid mouse

Diamondback - Solid mouse

Mousepads - Can't hate on mousepads, personal preference.

Ouroboros - Good mouse but expensive, unoriginal as well but its good to be honest.

XiaoPigs, on 07 May 2013 - 12:20 AM, said:

They are overrated because many people actually use them. Some of them have bad experiences with Razer products which results in them talking shit about Razer.

I personally feel Razer is an okay brand. Every kid in Singapore wants a Razer product though.

Yes, I have Razer products and I'm dissapointed. IF you sell expensive products, then you must provide us stable products as well, not that piece of shit, which stops working until you don't disconnect and reconnect it.

I have Lycosa keyboard and it has this stupid bug: Freezes and player f*cks up. You have to unplug and replug keyboard to make it work. This is very frustrating. This thing happens randomly. I have Razer mouse too, however it's working fine, but when you're installing their drivers for 64bit OS, you have to go in C:\Program Files (x86)\Razer\Lachesis\driver64\ and run "DPInst" file as administrator to make work razer mouse soft. Same goes with Lycosa. In short, this brand is very overpriced in my opinion. Wish I never bought this fucking keyboard. If I'd had a chance again to buy keyboard and mouse I'd better go with Roccat brand.

This is the problem what I'm talking about:

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

Yes, I have Razer products and I'm dissapointed. IF you sell expensive products, then you must provide us stable products as well, not that piece of shit, which stops working until you don't disconnect and reconnect it.

I have Lycosa keyboard and it has this stupid bug: Freezes and player f*cks up. You have to unplug and replug keyboard to make it work. This is very frustrating. This thing happens randomly. I have Razer mouse too, however it's working fine, but when you're installing their drivers for 64bit OS, you have to go in C:\Program Files (x86)\Razer\Lachesis\driver64\ and run "DPInst" file as administrator to make work razer mouse soft. Same goes with Lycosa. In short, this brand is very overpriced in my opinion. Wish I never bought this fucking keyboard. If I'd had a chance again to buy keyboard and mouse I'd better go with Roccat brand.

This is the problem what I'm talking about:

No, ROCCAT sucks... I moved over to razer, after i used a roccat mice and keyboard... It didn't last long... 1 year.

Never Roccat again

What about Steelseries?

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

Personally i only use 1 Razer product, and that's the cheap mouse the Razer Abyssus of which i was not expecting much from. I was pleasantly surprised by the software and the features on the product and i have had no problems yet. Over rated... No. Over publicized, maybe. 

PC Specs
Intel Core i5-3450 3.1GHz Processor (With stock heat sink  :mellow:) - MSI Z77A-G43 Motherboard - Corsair Vengeance 4GB (2 x 2GB) RAM - Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" HDD - Sapphire Radeon HD 7770 GPU - Fractal Design Define R4 Case - Antec High Current Gamer 620W PSU - Sony DVD/CD Writer - Steelseries Siberia V2 - Logitech G110 - Razer Abyssus