Headphones mic dont work but it also works flawlessly? help

ok so, 

I have 2 headphones, both wired.

the first one is a cerberus headset (asus cerberus)with removable mic, it used to work fine with my laptop, one day it started to stop working (then after 10 min it continued to work but it was temporary) and then no mic signal could be sent to the laptop. The thing is that If I bypassed the mini-jack port and plug an xbox controller to my laptop (using usb) and then plugged the headset to the controller then a signal arrived to the pc and i could talk flawlessly using the headset mic. everyone will think ''ok then, the mini-jack port has the microphone pin broken, it can happen'' but NO.

I have a second headset (Argon two dots ), my old and very worn out one, I plugged it in the laptop and.......THE LAPTOP USED THE HEADSET'S MIC AND IT WORKED... so I plugged the cerberus headset back thinking that maybe it now worked but sadly  no, no signal at all.

I checked for new drivers, but nothing audio related (I updated the bios but nothing changed)

Am I doing something wrong? Why does it happen? Why would this happen?

1516130511_twodotsargon.png.db356d16d2ad15ee88299966f22735af.png409139560_cerberus2.jpg.19119cb6ba47d03b949fc2b912b2aa69.jpg