Home Automation Question (Smart Switch, Smart Outlet)

Schada

Hello all,

I have a simple idea and have done some googling but I haven't found an answer yet.  I'd like to install a smart light switch to replace the light switch that turns on my bedroom lights (hard wired), but then also tells a smart outlet to turn off my lamps (over wifi, z-wave, etc).  Does anyone know of a set of products that can do this for me?

Thanks a bunch! 

I bought into the Lifx ecosystem, so I can only really speak to that. They do have light switches that support both hardwired and smart control of lights. I'd imagine this is actually going to be possible in most lighting ecosystems, though.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

pretty sure z wave can do all of that...if you were inclined.  You'd need to have z-wave compatible devices to operate all of it.

Of course, you can just get an wireless outlet switch if you don't need it to run off a smartphone (I use one with a floor lamp); and you can place that switch anywhere.  Something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/GE-Wireless-Grounded-Appliances-18279/dp/B00R7Q7PT4?th=1

The looks of them may differ, but they all work the same; battery operated switch that you can put/set anywhere, which turns the outlet on/off.