cooler compadablity

crostiger

Budget (including currency): 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

So haven't entirely decided yet on motherboard butt have it narrowed down to two the ASUS TUF GAMING H570-PRO WIFI LGA 1200 Intel H570 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard and the ASUS ROG STRIX B560-A GAMING WIFI LGA 1200 Intel B560 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard and looking at the Noctua NH-U12A looks like it should be fine for ram clearance was just wondering if it will clear the vrm cooling and what not. I have a define r5 coming gonna make sure its all good before i order cooling or other components because of my luck with buying anything now a days.

Noctua has excellent compatibility pages. See the SERVICE tab on the cooler web page. https://ncc.noctua.at/coolers/NH-U12A-8

Both motherboards and the case are compatible. I do wonder at the need for such a powerful cooler on a non-overclocking motherboard. Did you consider the NH-U12S (redux).

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

31 minutes ago, brob said:

Noctua has excellent compatibility pages. See the SERVICE tab on the cooler web page. https://ncc.noctua.at/coolers/NH-U12A-8

Both motherboards and the case are compatible. I do wonder at the need for such a powerful cooler on a non-overclocking motherboard. Did you consider the NH-U12S (redux).

Thank you for the reply i thought it would be ok but always good to double check. I was looking at the 12S at first but the 12A still wont interfere with ram if installed in the right orientation which i probably wont use more then 2 slots anyways and there are a couple places its on sale for $20 more then the 12S. And with going 11th gen not sure if i will leave turbo on or not but wanted a little extra head room i know its going to run hotter then what i currently have.

Get Scythe Fuma 2 or Be quiet dark rock 4.

U12A is too expensive, Not worth paying that much at all.

For a price of U12A, U can get one of the best AIO in a market Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280MM (Or 240MM even cheaper) I don't get what is point of getting expensive air cooler, That have around same performance as air coolers mentioned above, For a much lower price or even gets beaten by some cheaper coolers, Such as Be quiet dark rock pro 4 and Deepcool Assassin III.