I have Commitment issues, Help!

Go to solution Solved by SorryBella,
37 minutes ago, TemporaryBacon said:

So basically I want a quality, well featured, windows laptop for school, but I cant bring myself to spend the money on a Dell XPS.  I want a thinner device, not a thick gaming laptop, but I still want dedicated graphics.

Honestly speaking you better off getting a laptop with strong IGPU instead, or even just get M1 macbook air if you dont mind mac OS and admittedly pretty obsolete RAM size in 2021 without shelling out an extra 200$ (check their education program too for discount, theyre great if your school is in their list).

Or say fuck it, get a chromebook or cheap laptop, and remote to a PC you could build with the rest of your money.

So basically I want a quality, well featured, windows laptop for school, but I cant bring myself to spend the money on a Dell XPS.  I want a thinner device, not a thick gaming laptop, but I still want dedicated graphics. Only problem is most the gaming laptops that do fit my range of 1,500$ or (preferably) less, and criteria, don't have a webcam (looking at You ASUS). I don't know if I'm searching for some unicorn laptop that doesn't exist but I want something that I'm going to enjoy using in 4 years. Only lead that I have now is the acer swift X with the 3050ti, but something tells me that that laptops' experience isn't going to hold up as well as a premium device. I'm not looking for a future proof laptop, just one that I won't hate typing on and watching videos with in a couple years. Should I just bite the bullet and overspend or am I missing something?

I'm also considering a Framework, despite it's lack of a GPU, because like I said any gaming I'm going to do is older titles. I like the values of the company and that I'll be able to keep my laptop running in 4 years. But by the time you buy some decent memory for it, and get the i7-1165g7 the price is 1500$+ and I cant help but think I could get better hardware for the price bracket, and it wont ship until November, because what Linus mentioned in his investment video, the part about batch ordering

buy a cheap laptop, that will allow you to do the bare minimum at school, browse the internet, use word doc, etc. you do not need a good laptop for school. it is for note taking

use the remaining money to buy a PC at home, that is where u will do the heavy duty work, idk render videos, operate photoshop, and play ur games.

this question is as silly as, i want to buy a ferrari but can also go offroad for the price of a bike. 

Get a M1 MBA now and later get a desktop to not move around?

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

37 minutes ago, TemporaryBacon said:

So basically I want a quality, well featured, windows laptop for school, but I cant bring myself to spend the money on a Dell XPS.  I want a thinner device, not a thick gaming laptop, but I still want dedicated graphics.

Honestly speaking you better off getting a laptop with strong IGPU instead, or even just get M1 macbook air if you dont mind mac OS and admittedly pretty obsolete RAM size in 2021 without shelling out an extra 200$ (check their education program too for discount, theyre great if your school is in their list).

Or say fuck it, get a chromebook or cheap laptop, and remote to a PC you could build with the rest of your money.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.