New build ITX need help in optimizing for budget and performance

Budget (including currency): 1400 EUR

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: gaming and some amateur video editing for hobby 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): Im looking to game at 1440p (maybe a but optimistic) and a 144hz + refresh rate for my monitor would be perfect

Hi good people of linus emporium!

I already purchased ghost s1 and a used(good condition) 1080ti FE. I made a following list of parts in mind (Serbian market prices attached and converted to EUR) - would appreciate advice and potential tweaking to achieve a good build keeping in mind that i could get some stuff from amazon.de delivered if you believe that the prices are way off base in my market :

• [RAM] 2x 8 GB DDR4 - 3600 MHz Corsair Vengeanc LPX, CMK16GX4M2Z3600C20 - 90EUR or;
  • [RAM] Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4-2400Mhz 180EUR
  • [SSD] CRUCIAL P2 2000GB 3D NAND NVMe PCle M.2 CT2000P2SSD8 - 250EUR
  • [MOBO] Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI 280EUR 
  • [MON] LG 27GN800-B IPS 380EUR
  • [CPU] AM4 AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6 cores 3.7GHz (4.6GHz) 320EUR
  • [CPU COOLER] Noctua NH-L12 Ghost S1 Edition L 50EUR
  • [FAN] Noctua Fan 120x120x25 mm 12x25 25EUR
  • [POWER] No idea which one i would need

I have an off cuff feeling that i could tweak a bit on mobo, ssd to balance the budget a bit. 

Appreciate your input!

Don't go with the 2400 MHz RAM, Ryzen really likes fast memory, and for most use cases you don't need 32GB for another couple of years. But since ITX boards only have 2 RAM slots, going with 16GB right now means you can't just put in two more 8GB sticks if you want to upgrade at any point, so if your video editing jobs require more than 16GB of memory, you should probably go for 32GB right away. 2TB of NVMe storage is quite expensive, you're probably better off getting a 500GB NVMe + 2TB 2.5" SSD for cheaper. SATA SSDs are still plenty fast and you can use the smaller NVMe as boot drive and won't notice a difference. The Mainboard is very high end, unless it has some feature that you really need, I'd suggest going with a B550 board, that should save you around 100 euros. As far as PSU goes, 550W should be fine for your current setup, if you plan on upgrading the CPU or GPU during the lifespan of your build, giving yourself some more headroom might be a good idea.

1 hour ago, Alvin853 said:

Don't go with the 2400 MHz RAM, Ryzen really likes fast memory, and for most use cases you don't need 32GB for another couple of years. But since ITX boards only have 2 RAM slots, going with 16GB right now means you can't just put in two more 8GB sticks if you want to upgrade at any point, so if your video editing jobs require more than 16GB of memory, you should probably go for 32GB right away. 2TB of NVMe storage is quite expensive, you're probably better off getting a 500GB NVMe + 2TB 2.5" SSD for cheaper. SATA SSDs are still plenty fast and you can use the smaller NVMe as boot drive and won't notice a difference. The Mainboard is very high end, unless it has some feature that you really need, I'd suggest going with a B550 board, that should save you around 100 euros. As far as PSU goes, 550W should be fine for your current setup, if you plan on upgrading the CPU or GPU during the lifespan of your build, giving yourself some more headroom might be a good idea.

Exactly what i was wracking my brain on. Yeah, might as well redirect money from ssd and mobo to faster ram. Was also thinking of going intel, but it was my understanding that ryzen is just shadowing over intel in general at this point in time. 

Thanks a bunch for advice!

6 minutes ago, LukaD said:

Was also thinking of going intel, but it was my understanding that ryzen is just shadowing over intel in general at this point in time. 

That's only really true at the top end of the line-up. For midrange systems, they're both valid choices, and Ryzen 5000 series CPUs are still somewhat expensive relative to their Intel counterparts. If you want to go more budget oriented, you could switch over to a 11400F, very similar in performance to a 5600X and around 100 euros cheaper, but mainboards for Intel CPUs tend to be more expensive, not sure how prices are in the ITX market in your region.

4 hours ago, Alvin853 said:

That's only really true at the top end of the line-up. For midrange systems, they're both valid choices, and Ryzen 5000 series CPUs are still somewhat expensive relative to their Intel counterparts. If you want to go more budget oriented, you could switch over to a 11400F, very similar in performance to a 5600X and around 100 euros cheaper, but mainboards for Intel CPUs tend to be more expensive, not sure how prices are in the ITX market in your region.

Yeah its not that great of a market for pc stuff in terms of pricing, itx is even worse so the mobo is going to be expensive. Anyway i took your advice on the recommendations. 

thanks again for the help!