G Skill RMA Process

Rednecknerd

I purchased a DDR4 kit at Microcenter while I was working out of state. When I got home to install it, I discovered that one of the sticks was bad. With the nearest MC location being about a 13 hour drive from me, I decided to give G Skill's RMA process a try. 

I submitted the request late in the evening and received an automated response confirming it was received. By mid morning the next day I had another email with an RMA number and return instructions. I sent the return via UPS on Monday, 10/4 with an estimated arrival date of 10/8. (Going from TN to CA)

I received the replacement stick yesterday, 10/13. Altogether a 10 day process in total, with a turnaround time of only 5 days from when they received the return. 

This was by far the easiest, quickest RMA process I've done. The only improvement would have been a pre-paid shipping label rather than having to ship on my own dime.

Sounds like a great and fast experience.

I also like that they offer lifetime warranty with their RAM kits, even though it's limited lifetime.

I got a G.Skill set that I got used, I've always wondered if I have warranty if I register the product without owning the receipt/order info.

I was required to provide them with a copy of my receipt along with the defective ram.

That sounds like Microcenter performed a store RMA rather than sending it off to G-Skill.

Edit my bad... I misread the post, that was a good turn around time with G-Skill.

1 minute ago, Blai5e said:

That sounds like Microcenter performed a store RMA rather than sending it off to G-Skill.

Didn't involve MC at all- wasn't worth a 13 hour drive to get there. I initiated the RMA directly through G Skill and shipped it to their California RMA center.