30-series ROG STRIX graphics card and New World

Hi everyone! 

Anyone else here to plays New World who have a 30-series ROG STRIX graphics card? 

New World is like my main game currently, been playing it since release, with no issues at all. Both on my now RMA'd 3090 and my current 3080Ti. 
I do see the occasionally power spikes - like the GPU might go from 85% to 95% but I never see the spike go above the power limit, like it is shown in videos. 

I've been searching on the interwebz and I have only found 1 post about a ROG STRIX card dying from New World but there are many, many other posts about EVGA, Gigabyte, Zotac, and other cards that are dying. 

So my question is, if anyone else here plays New World and have a ROG STRIX card, have you ever seen the power spikes go above the powerlimit of the your graphics card? 

PC Setup: 

HYTE Y60 White/Black + Custom ColdZero ventilation sidepanel

Intel Core i7-10700K + Corsair Hydro Series H100x

G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 32GB (F4-3600C16Q-32GTZR)

ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3080Ti OC LC

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-G GAMING (Wi-Fi)

Samsung EVO Plus 1TB

Samsung EVO Plus 1TB

Crucial MX500 2TB

Crucial MX300 1TB

Corsair HX1200i

Peripherals: 

Samsung Odyssey Neo G9 G95NC 57"

ASUS ROG Harpe Ace Aim Lab Edition Wireless

ASUS ROG Claymore II Wireless

ASUS ROG Sheath BLK LTD'

Corsair SP2500

Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO X (Limited Editon) & Beyerdynamic TYGR 300R + FiiO K7 DAC/AMP

RØDE VideoMic II + Elgato WAVE Mic Arm

Racing SIM Setup: 

Sim-Lab GT1 EVO Sim Racing Cockpit + Sim-Lab GT1 EVO Single Screen holder

Svive Racing D1 Seat

Samsung Odyssey G9 49"

Simagic Alpha Mini

Simagic GT4 (Dual Clutch)

CSL Elite Pedals V2

Logitech K400 Plus

I'm running a Strix 3080, I have played around 60 hours so far medium high setting limiting fps, and changing all what need to be change in NVDA control power and new world settings. While doing some benchmarks even after implementing all this "safety measures" my card still fluctuate between 60-100% usage additional to 300-350watts. Scary part I did see the power limiter kicking in but saw a spike going to 103% power usage porcentage thts when I sht my pants and turn it off, will not play the game till they find what the problem is so my advice? Just wait till they clearly know what the problem is.

I have been playing new world with my evga 3080ftw3 since it launched.

Im like level 30, my gpu is fine.

My gpu actually gets hotter and sits at a higher power % on CoD warzone/MW than it does on new world.

I have a feeling it's peoples cheap PSU's thats actually at fault, other than the several evga found with bad soldering.

System Specs: AMD 5950x PBO-AutoNoctua DH-15 Black | Gigabyte x570 MasterEVGA 3080FTW3 Ultra | (2x16gb) G.Skill Royal 3600mhz CL18 | Corsair 5000D Airflow (Black) Samsung 980 Pro 2TB & Firecuda 520 1TB & Crucial MX500 2tb850W Corsair RMX | 2 Noctua A14 CPU, 6 Noctua A12x25 Intake, 3x Noctua F12 Top Exhaust, 1x Noctua A12x25 Back Exhaust

Monitors: (Main) LG Ultragear 34" 2k Ultrawide 144hz IPS '34GP83A-B' (Side) Acer Predator 27" 2k 144hz TN 'Abmiprz'

Peripherals: Corsair K100 OPX | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | Corsair Virtuoso SE | Audioengine A2+

10 hours ago, Daethz said:

I have been playing new world with my evga 3080ftw3 since it launched.

Im like level 30, my gpu is fine.

My gpu actually gets hotter and sits at a higher power % on CoD warzone/MW than it does on new world.

I have a feeling it's peoples cheap PSU's thats actually at fault, other than the several evga found with bad soldering.

Roger that! 

I'm level 37 now and I haven't seen any sort of instability yet. And I even use a Afterburner profile with 112% Powerlimit enabled. I just feel like I'm pushing my luck, so I made an undervolt profile last night for New World alone; uses 100mV less and I see a 40/50 watt reduction. Will use this profile from now on, just be "more safe" - if it even matters lol. 

As far as your thought goes with it being the PSU's fault in some cases - I do use the HXi 1200 watt from Corsair, so I guess I'm good, when it comes to the PSU. 

PC Setup: 

Samsung EVO Plus 1TB

Samsung EVO Plus 1TB

Crucial MX500 2TB

Crucial MX300 1TB

Corsair HX1200i

Peripherals: 

ASUS ROG Sheath BLK LTD'

Corsair SP2500

Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO X (Limited Editon) & Beyerdynamic TYGR 300R + FiiO K7 DAC/AMP

Racing SIM Setup: 

Svive Racing D1 Seat

Samsung Odyssey G9 49"

Simagic Alpha Mini

CSL Elite Pedals V2

Logitech K400 Plus

I have wanted to play but I am too afraid to fry my 3090 Strix. 

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

13 minutes ago, KWelz said:

I have wanted to play but I am too afraid to fry my 3090 Strix. 

I understand 

PC Setup: 

Samsung EVO Plus 1TB

Samsung EVO Plus 1TB

Crucial MX500 2TB

Crucial MX300 1TB

Corsair HX1200i

Peripherals: 

ASUS ROG Sheath BLK LTD'

Corsair SP2500

Racing SIM Setup: 

Svive Racing D1 Seat

Samsung Odyssey G9 49"

Simagic Alpha Mini

CSL Elite Pedals V2

Logitech K400 Plus

1 hour ago, BetteBalterZen said:

I understand 

Just curious, what kind of performance do you get with your setup? I’m on a i7 7700k and GTX 1080Ti and only get around 30-40fps in towns and about 70-80fps in outside areas. The game is pretty stuttery for me as well, especially in towns.

14 minutes ago, Omie said:

Just curious, what kind of performance do you get with your setup? I’m on a i7 7700k and GTX 1080Ti and only get around 30-40fps in towns and about 70-80fps in outside areas. The game is pretty stuttery for me as well, especially in towns.

Well, in towns, it's a very mixed bag. Sometimes it drops to 25FPS, other times it's at 40/50FPS. I'd say usually at around 35/40FPS in towns. 
In the open world, mostly a minimum of 80FPS and in many areas I run +100FPS and up to my 120FPS lock. 
Also, I don't really have any stutters at all - just normal "lag" from low FPS, when the FPS tanks. 

I have all graphics settings maxed out and I play in 5120x1440p - almost 4K in pixel count. 
Edit: I do have a Afterburner profile specifically made for New World, so my 3080 Ti runs at 2010MHz and not the 2100MHz as said in my signature. 

PC Setup: 

Samsung EVO Plus 1TB

Samsung EVO Plus 1TB

Crucial MX500 2TB

Crucial MX300 1TB

Corsair HX1200i

Peripherals: 

ASUS ROG Sheath BLK LTD'

Corsair SP2500

Racing SIM Setup: 

Svive Racing D1 Seat

Samsung Odyssey G9 49"

Simagic Alpha Mini

CSL Elite Pedals V2

Logitech K400 Plus

After playing open beta on my Strix rx580 OC'd to 1430mhz I upgraded to a Strix 3080 Ti, I usually play on the standard OC clock of 1845 mhz but have gotten it stable up to 2300 before with max mem OC. Only statistics worth mentioning are it runs a stable 90-100 fps with everything maxed and a DSR from 1440 to 4k on a samsung g7. I notice the TDP/ clock will spike occasionally when changing settings or alt tabbing(which while alt tabbed the GPU will reach 68C in some cases). I keep all settings on ultra high, uncapped, however I believe the difference on several cards is whether the operator has any Vysnc enabled. I keep Gsync on always. However normal operation and normal clocks sees temps rarely hitting 60C with fan speed low. Building my custom loop this weekend so we'll see how temperatures and performance change. My opinion is it has everything to do with the hardware manufacturing and where they source their vrm/mosfet chips. Ive OC testing strix cards to the point where they should break, and they have performed beyond expectations.

The only cards that have been dying in new world are those cards using crappy AOZ power stages with imbalanced phases, like eVGA FTW3 and some Gigabyte models.

16 hours ago, Falkentyne said:

The only cards that have been dying in new world are those cards using crappy AOZ power stages with imbalanced phases, like eVGA FTW3 and some Gigabyte models.

Well, I have seen a single reddit post about a dudes ROG STRIX 3080 OC that died from New World. 

PC Setup: 

Samsung EVO Plus 1TB

Samsung EVO Plus 1TB

Crucial MX500 2TB

Crucial MX300 1TB

Corsair HX1200i

Peripherals: 

ASUS ROG Sheath BLK LTD'

Corsair SP2500

Racing SIM Setup: 

Svive Racing D1 Seat

Samsung Odyssey G9 49"

Simagic Alpha Mini

CSL Elite Pedals V2

Logitech K400 Plus

On 10/14/2021 at 1:29 AM, BetteBalterZen said:

Hi everyone! 

Anyone else here to plays New World who have a 30-series ROG STRIX graphics card? 

New World is like my main game currently, been playing it since release, with no issues at all. Both on my now RMA'd 3090 and my current 3080Ti. 
I do see the occasionally power spikes - like the GPU might go from 85% to 95% but I never see the spike go above the power limit, like it is shown in videos. 

I've been searching on the interwebz and I have only found 1 post about a ROG STRIX card dying from New World but there are many, many other posts about EVGA, Gigabyte, Zotac, and other cards that are dying. 

So my question is, if anyone else here plays New World and have a ROG STRIX card, have you ever seen the power spikes go above the powerlimit of the your graphics card? 

Found 2 cases one capped the power limit to 70% blew up anyways

8 hours ago, KNJaeger said:

Found 2 cases one capped the power limit to 70% blew up anyways

I was not aware of this.

I do not know the differences in VRM layout between the 3080 Strix and 3090 Strix.  I would have to ask someone else and I'm a bit too busy working and studying...

I haven't seen any posts about the 3090 Strix dying unless someone can point me to any of them.