Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

 

1.1 - Budget - Well....  I would like to keep the 3 main parts that are left under $600.  (Mobo, Proc, Mem).   Approximate remaining budget about $750.

1.2 - Location - Southeastern US - Near Atlanta

2. - AIM/Goal - 
    A. Moderate Gaming with "Decent" Performance.   I don't want bleeding edge as it's to expensive, and Cheapest tends to be out dated rather quickly.   
    B. Good Bang for the Buck, with good upgradeability and possible future expansion.   
    C. One of my favorite games is ARK survival evolved, that I play with my son on XBOX.   
    D. Eventual goal would be to have 2 PCs that can run ARK to play together.
    E. White color theme - a Single color (other than white or black) would be ok.

3. - Monitors - I currently have 2 HP 24yh monitors that I will be using, but am looking to upgrade to a better monitor in the future.  I also have a Samsung S24E200, that's on another computer.   Not sure which would be better.   Upgrading the monitor is not part of this build or budget.  No plans to use more than 2 at a time.   Gaming would most likely be done at 1080 or 1440.

4. - Peripherals
    A. - Keyboard - I have a nice Red Dragon keyboard, and a mouse that, well works.   
    B. - Suggestions on the mouse welcomed, but not part of this budget or build.  What I have will work for now...  but Christmas is coming.  
    C. - Windows - I do have a copy of windows to use.
    D. - I have a CD-Rom - Cup Holder ;-D   
    E. - Existing Parts:
        1. Case - We picked out a Lian Li - LanCool II from Microcenter a while back. - White
        2. PSU - Corsair - RM 850X - White
        3. HDD - Bulk slow storage - WD Red 4TB
        4. M.2 - Samsung 970 Pro - 1TB.

 

5. WHY.   Well couple of reasons.   Teach/show my son how to build a PC, and it would be a project we can do together.   The old, old (8 to 9 years old) HP and Dell PCs that are near by, they run windows and surf the web just fine, but I tried to pull up ARK, and well, 0.2 frames a Sec was not good.....   yes a graphics card may help.

 

Extra...  I don't want to pay a premium to scalpers at outrageous prices for used Video Cards.   So I'm willing to get a Motherboard and Proc that has integrated graphics, just to get by, until I can find something reasonable.     Yes I know there is a chip shortage, so parts that are at lest generally available is a plus.

 

Thoughts and suggestions are welcome.  Especially on where to find a new GPU at a reasonable price (close to MSRP), or "good" used GPU at a reasonable price (Below MSRP) would also be helpful.   I know I'm dreaming...

 

Thanks in advance for your help.
James

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

5700G on X570 with 16gb of decently fast DDR4, should all be just around the 600$ mark

The apu will have decent enough graphical performance to play most current titles respectably until you can get a gpu, and after that it’s still a really good cpu.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, vwflat4 said:

 

1.1 - Budget - Well....  I would like to keep the 3 main parts that are left under $600.  (Mobo, Proc, Mem).   Approximate remaining budget about $750.

1.2 - Location - Southeastern US - Near Atlanta

2. - AIM/Goal - 
    A. Moderate Gaming with "Decent" Performance.   I don't want bleeding edge as it's to expensive, and Cheapest tends to be out dated rather quickly.   
    B. Good Bang for the Buck, with good upgradeability and possible future expansion.   
    C. One of my favorite games is ARK survival evolved, that I play with my son on XBOX.   
    D. Eventual goal would be to have 2 PCs that can run ARK to play together.
    E. White color theme - a Single color (other than white or black) would be ok.

3. - Monitors - I currently have 2 HP 24yh monitors that I will be using, but am looking to upgrade to a better monitor in the future.  I also have a Samsung S24E200, that's on another computer.   Not sure which would be better.   Upgrading the monitor is not part of this build or budget.  No plans to use more than 2 at a time.   Gaming would most likely be done at 1080 or 1440.

4. - Peripherals
    A. - Keyboard - I have a nice Red Dragon keyboard, and a mouse that, well works.   
    B. - Suggestions on the mouse welcomed, but not part of this budget or build.  What I have will work for now...  but Christmas is coming.  
    C. - Windows - I do have a copy of windows to use.
    D. - I have a CD-Rom - Cup Holder ;-D   
    E. - Existing Parts:
        1. Case - We picked out a Lian Li - LanCool II from Microcenter a while back. - White
        2. PSU - Corsair - RM 850X - White
        3. HDD - Bulk slow storage - WD Red 4TB
        4. M.2 - Samsung 970 Pro - 1TB.

 

5. WHY.   Well couple of reasons.   Teach/show my son how to build a PC, and it would be a project we can do together.   The old, old (8 to 9 years old) HP and Dell PCs that are near by, they run windows and surf the web just fine, but I tried to pull up ARK, and well, 0.2 frames a Sec was not good.....   yes a graphics card may help.

 

Extra...  I don't want to pay a premium to scalpers at outrageous prices for used Video Cards.   So I'm willing to get a Motherboard and Proc that has integrated graphics, just to get by, until I can find something reasonable.     Yes I know there is a chip shortage, so parts that are at lest generally available is a plus.

 

Thoughts and suggestions are welcome.  Especially on where to find a new GPU at a reasonable price (close to MSRP), or "good" used GPU at a reasonable price (Below MSRP) would also be helpful.   I know I'm dreaming...

 

Thanks in advance for your help.
James

 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/TBK4cT

This is the best you can get for 600 and for a extra 100 dollars for a mouse you can get the g pro wireless from logitech

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 8tg said:

5700G on X570 with 16gb of decently fast DDR4, should all be just around the 600$ mark

The apu will have decent enough graphical performance to play most current titles respectably until you can get a gpu, and after that it’s still a really good cpu.

 

56 minutes ago, Yes9110 said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/TBK4cT

This is the best you can get for 600 and for a extra 100 dollars for a mouse you can get the g pro wireless from logitech

Getting X570 For 5700G is STUPID!

Especially, Suggesting CL18 RAMs... 😐😐

Here is list: Fits theme and includes everything you need...

 

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700G 3.8 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($319.00 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: Scythe FUMA 2 51.17 CFM CPU Cooler  ($59.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: ASRock B550 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($134.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Crucial Ballistix RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory  ($91.99 @ Adorama) 
Total: $605.97
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-10-14 04:05 EDT-0400

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Dr0idGh0sT said:

Getting X570 For 5700G is STUPID!

Especially, Suggesting CL18 RAMs... 😐😐

Here is list: Fits theme and includes everything you need...

 

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700G 3.8 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($319.00 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: Scythe FUMA 2 51.17 CFM CPU Cooler  ($59.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: ASRock B550 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($134.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Crucial Ballistix RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory  ($91.99 @ Adorama) 
Total: $605.97
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-10-14 04:05 EDT-0400

I agree with @Dr0idGh0sThere, if you intend to go by with an APU first, invest in good RAM and the fastest chip. Not a fancy Motherboard.

 

Also for GPU's: if 1080p is enough, then a used card shoud be enough. Maybe a used 1080? I suggest watching the latest video on the RX6600 from LTT, they explain the current situation a bit and if the new card drops at a reasonable price (under 500$), then I would honestly try to get one. Unless you want 1440p, then you may need a 3060ti or rather a RX 6700 XT or 3070 (ti). But they are way more expensive...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×