Voltage slightly Low or A BUG ?

Hi,

For few days I am noticing that my voltage in Bios and HWinfo is going below 5V and 12V @4.996 and 11.991.

Now I hooked up a multimeter to a spare molex female plug and read the voltages and they were as stable as they can be @5.04 and 12.07

Also yesterday my brother bumped himself on my PC case while I was playing Forza and PC restarted but didn't post. I thought that ram may have come loose so I reattached it and all is working fine. Also bios was not detecting correct amount of ram so I reset it. 

So what kind of issue is this?

psu is antec eag 750 gold  

motherboard is x570 pg4 by Asrock

Cpu is ryzen 3500

Ram is 8*2 TridentZ rgb 3600

Aio is castle 240ex argb

There isnt an issue

4.996 is only four thousanths off of 5 volts. If your shoes were 4 thousanths smaller, you wouldnt even be able to measure it with an actual ruler 

3 minutes ago, emosun said:

There isnt an issue

4.996 is only four thousanths off of 5 volts. If your shoes were 4 thousanths smaller, you wouldnt even be able to measure it with an actual ruler 

You didn't even understand the issue here.

How come Bios and Multimeter measurement have such difference?

They should be near to each other

1 minute ago, dani.petro said:

How come Bios and Multimeter measurement have such difference?

They should be near to each other

They are near to each other. They're within a single percentage point of each other. How much precision are you expecting?

2 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

They are near to each other. They're within a single percentage point of each other. How much precision are you expecting?

Then how come 1 month back the voltages were more near to what the multimeter was reading?

1 minute ago, dani.petro said:

Then how come 1 month back the voltages were more near to what the multimeter was reading?

First, the Phantom Gaming 4 is a low-end X570 board. It is a piece of consumer electronics. I wouldn't put too much stock in its accuracy to that degree of precision. Again, we're within 1% - that's good enough for anything but extreme overclocking applications.

Second, how high quality is your multimeter? Is it rated to be accurate to less than 1%? Most cheaper ones are not designed for that degree of accuracy, because again, normal usage doesn't require it.

Id be surprised if you had any multileter equipment or computer equipment that wad accurate down to 0.001%. 

27 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

First, the Phantom Gaming 4 is a low-end X570 board. It is a piece of consumer electronics. I wouldn't put too much stock in its accuracy to that degree of precision. Again, we're within 1% - that's good enough for anything but extreme overclocking applications.

Second, how high quality is your multimeter? Is it rated to be accurate to less than 1%? Most cheaper ones are not designed for that degree of accuracy, because again, normal usage doesn't require it.

Its a Fluke 179 True RMS

Anyways problem solved. 

Reseated all cables, pushed the gpu in a bit even though it didn't budge and voltages are back to normal in line with the Fluke. The bump to the case might have made the connection loose somewhere.

10 minutes ago, dani.petro said:

Its a Fluke 179 True RMS

In that case, it's rated to basically within 0.1% for DC voltage. So you do have a professional quality multimeter that can measure a difference that small. However, the motherboard is not necessarily going to be that accurate. I'm not sure why you are so concerned about such a minor discrepancy, but I'm glad the problem is resolved.