No 24-pin

Fantorngen

So i am building a new computer where i am using some components from my previous computer. I just found out that my PSU doesn’t have a 24-pin connector for the motherboard. I hav spent all the budget money, so what do i do???

3 minutes ago, Fantorngen said:

So i am building a new computer where i am using some components from my previous computer. I just found out that my PSU doesn’t have a 24-pin connector for the motherboard. I hav spent all the budget money, so what do i do???

If it doesnt have one, it either is very old, or proprietary. I dont think there is much you can do

was this previous computer a pre built one? people like hp and dell like to manufacture e waste by making their power supplies useless on everything else.

If it was anold computer and has a 20 pin instead of a 24 pin it should still work, I just wouldn't recommend using a power supply that old

Specs: CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 3700X @4.4Ghz, GPU: Gigabyte RX 5700 XT, RAM: 32 GB (2x 8GB Trident Z Royal + 2x 8GB TForce Vulkan Z) @3000Mhz, Motherboard: ASRock B550m Steel Legend, Storage: 1x WD Black 1Tb NVMe (boot) + 1x Samsung 860 QVO 1Tb SSD (storage), Case: Thermaltake Core V21, Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

What power supply do you have?!?!

24 pin have been standard for a /looooooong/ time

37 minutes ago, Adorable Cat said:

was this previous computer a pre built one? people like hp and dell like to manufacture e waste by making their power supplies useless on everything else.

If it was anold computer and has a 20 pin instead of a 24 pin it should still work, I just wouldn't recommend using a power supply that old

Well yes it was from a prebuildt one. MSI Infinite S 9SC. The Power supply is an FSP 350

15 minutes ago, Fantorngen said:

Well yes it was from a prebuildt one. MSI Infinite S 9SC. The Power supply is an FSP 350

Yeah.  You need a new PSU.

Should've started there before you blew the rest of your budget.  Unfortunately, overlooking the PSU is a common mistake.