Hearing disability.

Ssmoosh

Hello everyone! 

So I have an issue. I am really into gaming, and am into competitive gaming and compete in some competitions in war zone and call of duty. The biggest issue for me having trouble hearing when people are on the left of me (in game). The reason why is that I have hearing loss is my left ear sense I was not born with a left ear. To make a long story short, they were able to construct one, but the hearing is around 40ish% of what my normal ear can hear. Using an earbud helps with me being able to hear better, but I am wondering if there is a way for me to split audio so that I can have an earbud play at a louder volume then my headphones do. 

My set up for audio is a GoXLR Mini if that helps for whatever reason.

Not sure if anyone can help me with this, but I figure that is is worth a shot!

you can individually change volumes of L & R in windows sounds settings.

THIS IS MY SIGNATURE

Have you looked into Voicemeeter? You can setup multiple hardware audio outputs, change the volume of each output individually, and much more. Not exactly sure how all your audio devices are connected, but shouldn't be too hard to set up.

Go to the Legacy Sound Settings and there are options to manually adjust volume on left and right channels.

image.png.0a9db1309411967f12cddaddfbb8be52.png

If you are using Windows 11, you can directly do this in the settings app. 

image.png.a050d4e9ad6d3f00cbe3cd666ea508c2.png

11 hours ago, MathewBijuBuz said:

Go to the Legacy Sound Settings and there are options to manually adjust volume on left and right channels.

image.png.0a9db1309411967f12cddaddfbb8be52.png

If you are using Windows 11, you can directly do this in the settings app. 

image.png.a050d4e9ad6d3f00cbe3cd666ea508c2.png

Thanks for the help! Ill look into this! I do a good amount of content creation so I am not sure if panning the audio more towards the left will affect how the audio is recorded or not. But thanks! 

On 10/6/2021 at 10:35 AM, Ssmoosh said:

Thanks for the help! Ill look into this! I do a good amount of content creation so I am not sure if panning the audio more towards the left will affect how the audio is recorded or not. But thanks! 

If you use the voicemeeter software. you can setup a separate channel that feeds into the recording and have your own mix of let's say 70% left 30% right audio.

That way your recording has everything balanced at 50/50. However learning voicemeeter isn't something you just download and setup in 5 minutes, I'd dedicate 30-60 minutes to learn it.