Is there a registry hack or hidden settings to move the taskbar Windows 11 to the left or right sides?

I prefer the layout of Ubuntu's Unity desktop, which I've mimicked on my Plasma desktop:

image.thumb.png.a5cc6019e718bc12ac0f9a180bc82827.png

On my work desktop and laptop, I have configured the taskbar to be positioned on the right side, which I truly enjoyed.  I have no plans on upgrading to 11 until this is possible.

So, is it possible with a registry hack to move the taskbar to the left or right sides?  I don't care how much digging I have to go through.  I never want to see the taskbar at the bottom ever.

Desktop

Y4M1-II: AMD Ryzen 9-5900X | Asrock RX 6900XT Phantom Gaming D | Gigabyte RTX 4060 low profile | 64GB G.Skill Ripjaws V | 2TB Samsung 980 Pro + 4TB 870 EVO + 4TB SanDisk Ultra 3D + 8TB WD Black + 4TB WD Black HDD | Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL-X | Antec ST1000 1000W 80+ Titanium | MSI Optix MAG342CQR | BenQ EW3270U | Kubuntu

-------------------------------

Mobile devices

Kuroneko: Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga 4th (Intel i7-10510U | 16GB RAM | 1TB SSD)

Yes. And the taskbar will completely break.

This suggests that it could be coming in the following year update (as the option in the registry is there), but at the moment it doesn't support it. (Taskbar under Win11 is new code).

If you can live with it being at the bottom, you can probably find an alternative taskbar program which does offer this. I mean, it is simple to make. Great project for one that wants to get started diving in Windows APIs. Simply calls the running processes, look at their state to know if they are background processes or not, see if they have a window handler to grab the progress status, icon, and name, and  that is essentially it. I am sure there is one. Just try and go with a open source project or reputable program to reduce the risk of getting malware or something.

2 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

If you can live with it being at the bottom, you can probably find an alternative taskbar program which does offer this. I mean, it is simple to make. Great project for one that wants to get started diving in Windows APIs. Simply calls the running processes, look at their state to know if they are background processes or not, see if they have a window handler to grab the progress status, icon, and name, and  that is essentially it. I am sure there is one. Just try and go with a open source project or reputable program to reduce the risk of getting malware or something.

Hope Open-Shell will receive a major upgrade.

Desktop

Y4M1-II: AMD Ryzen 9-5900X | Asrock RX 6900XT Phantom Gaming D | Gigabyte RTX 4060 low profile | 64GB G.Skill Ripjaws V | 2TB Samsung 980 Pro + 4TB 870 EVO + 4TB SanDisk Ultra 3D + 8TB WD Black + 4TB WD Black HDD | Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL-X | Antec ST1000 1000W 80+ Titanium | MSI Optix MAG342CQR | BenQ EW3270U | Kubuntu

-------------------------------

Mobile devices

Kuroneko: Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga 4th (Intel i7-10510U | 16GB RAM | 1TB SSD)