Lines start appearing on laptop screen and sometimes freezes it completely that it becomes unresponsive.

Hi.

If you can't already see, i once started up my laptop and these weird lines started appearing which at first wasn't as bad but overtime gets worse for some reason. I tried fixing it by changing the refresh rate to 144hz to 60hz, and it worked, but when i change the refresh rate back up to 144hz, lines start appearing and my screen sometimes totally freezes to the point where i have to hard shut down my laptop. This is happening for over 3 weeks and the only way i can fix it is to give up 144hz refresh rate, but is there a way to fix these lines appearing and freezing my screen without giving up my high refresh rate for gaming?

Pls reply if you have a solution. 
Changing display settings in NVIDIA Control Panel, AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 and the windows display settings does nothing.

Sorry for the poor video quality.

Welcome to the forums!!!

Have you tried to reinstall the graphics drivers?? What laptop do you have (make, model)?

Possibly the vRAM is going bad. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

Hi.

I have tried restarting the pc, reinstalling display and graphics drivers, changing refresh rates. Even changing refresh rates have a downside now, even if i lower my refresh rates, lines still appear on boot up but not when the desktop is loaded already, but when i do that theres a random chance that theres gonna be a faint black flickering on my screen which disappears in about an hour. My laptop is an ASUS TUF FX505DT.

Pls reply if you have any fixes to this problem.

• 3 months later...
On 10/6/2021 at 10:22 PM, roman58 said:

Pls reply if you have any fixes to this problem.

Did you manage to fix it? I have the same problem and it's been happening for almost a week now. I have a ASUS TUF Gaming F15-Fx506LH. Mine appeared after I restarted my laptop and it kept getting worse and worse.

On 10/5/2021 at 7:54 PM, CommanderAlex said:

Welcome to the forums!!!

Have you tried to reinstall the graphics drivers?? What laptop do you have (make, model)?

Possibly the vRAM is going bad. 

The same thing is happening to me although I already updated and reinstalled my graphics drivers and reset my laptop to factory settings but it still keeps on happening when i put it on 144hz. Although it disappears when I connect my laptop to the tv via HDMI cable but when I disconnect it, the lines start to appear again

what i would suggest if you dont find a solution is find what your gpu  is good at with like what hz and then go into display settings and just only have your display on your actual monitor not your laptop screen so you get the same performance as before.

• 1 month later...