Pump stopped working / pump Fix

So i had a MLXXXR RGB pump stop working. So i opened it up to see what was going on. And it was very similar to what Jayz did with a D5 a few years ago

So i took some food oil on the "stem"

image.png.5aba9d660207a4ab6094f36c06fed700.png

And its working again. 

image.png.15a05ab308b201e1f93d1db39738d154.png

Should i get some propper oil and call it a day ? or should this part be "lubbed" by water/liquid? 

Thanks for any pumpadvice 

(and yes i know u should not take AIOs apart bla bla)

As far as I remember the D5 is self lubricating which means it's lubricated by the fluid. I wouldn't use any oil in the system if that's the case as I don't think it would do anything good for the blocks!

Since this is an AiO pump ... I'd replace that thing. There's no way of knowing whether you did some damage to it or not during disassembly so you might risk a leak. Also: "food oil" should never be used to lubcricate mechnical parts. They easily get very sticky and cloggy. You also don't know whether the pump is lubricated by the fluid or not.

Throw it away and get a new one.

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!

A little update, i scewed it all back together and it worked fine. no strange noises and same RPM as before. I used a few drops of "handy oil" from shell on the "stem"

3 hours ago, bowrilla said:

Also: "food oil" should never be used to lubcricate mechnical parts.

iknow it was a very fast way to find out if the pump seemed dead cuz of no "lube"