ICUE On linux

Recently i found that ICue Mac version is back again therefore I want to start a new thread asking @Corsair Nick about the state of linux support for Icue

If we can just get the protocol of how corsair devices communicate to each other im sure the linux community can take it from there 

I don't deal in RGB, but there are open source lighting controllers OpenRGB being one. I can't say whether it is any good, but it looks to be legit.

https://openrgb.org/

Works for literally everything in or on my PC...

ROG Strix X570F-Gaming

Corsair H115 Platinum (both block and fans)

2 x Coolermaster ARGB fans plugged into the board header

ROG Pugio Mouse

Corsair K65 Keyboard

All it really needs is a daemon so settings are kept between reboots.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

3 hours ago, Maomocake said:

If we can just get the protocol of how corsair devices communicate to each other im sure the linux community can take it from there 

Just an FYI, like all hardware on Linux RGB devices show up as files in /dev, all you need to do is echo the correct command to the correct device and it changes.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

15 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Just an FYI, like all hardware on Linux RGB devices show up as files in /dev, all you need to do is echo the correct command to the correct device and it changes.

But send the wrong command to the wrong device and kill it. Be careful with that.

On 10/2/2021 at 6:21 PM, Nayr438 said:

But send the wrong command to the wrong device and kill it. Be careful with that.

That is exactly why im asking for proper documentation, I use ckb-next personally but if you look at the github there is alot of uncertainty to the docs and also not all models are supported. All the repos you listed reverse engineer the protocol which is less than ideal.