Recommended memory for GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP5 TH

I have seen what Gigabyte has on the website, but let's face it these Forums are from "real" users and I am putting way more stock in what is said here than there.

I am looking for the fastest, most reliable, stable, and potentially oc'able RAM for around $300. Spreader height will not be an issue as I am looking at the H100 or swiftech coolers.

Also is it worth it to go the full 32GB that board can handle or should I just stick to 16GB in my price range?

Thanks.

"Because there is a difference between Making a Living and Having a LIFE."

Firstly, how much RAM you should install depends a bit upon how much RAM your OS can handle. Windows 7 Home is limited to 16Gig, for example, and I believe Win 8 Home is too. So, even though your motherboard may support 32Gigs, your OS may not.
Secondly, Unless you are running some very RAM intensive, professional apps, you won't likely need any more than 8Gigs, so 16Gigs would be more than enough overkill. :)
Thirdly, there are a lot of various RAM speeds and manufacturers. Get whatever Name Brand RAM that suits your purpose (and/or colour scheme), and keep in mind that there is very little to be gained by going beyond DDR3-1866.

A sieve may not hold water, but it will hold another sieve.

i5-6600, 16Gigs, ITX Corsair 250D, R9 390, 120Gig M.2 boot, 500Gig SATA SSD, no HDD

Firstly, how much RAM you should install depends a bit upon how much RAM your OS can handle. Windows 7 Home is limited to 16Gig, for example, and I believe Win 8 Home is too. So, even though your motherboard may support 32Gigs, your OS may not.

Secondly, Unless you are running some very RAM intensive, professional apps, you won't likely need any more than 8Gigs, so 16Gigs would be more than enough overkill. :)

Thirdly, there are a lot of various RAM speeds and manufacturers. Get whatever Name Brand RAM that suits your purpose (and/or colour scheme), and keep in mind that there is very little to be gained by going beyond DDR3-1866.

Thanks. I always thought that Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit can go all the way to 192Gb of RAM. Interesting about the DDR3-1866. Truth be told I have never tweaked around with my memory, CPU - yup, GPU - yup, RAM just scares me. It seems like they are too many varibles (timing, voltage,etc) which I think I can screw up and have an unstable system.

Honestly I will not be doing much gaming. I run large Excel sheets with hundreds of formulas, data pulls and calculations that have maxed out my CPU just as much as Premier Pro when I am working on a video and I just want to make sure I am covered. I have never maxed out my current 12GB on my older Gigabyte ex58-ud3r so 16 should be plenty.

"Because there is a difference between Making a Living and Having a LIFE."