Can I use LG SJ2 remote on LG SK8/9Y?

I like the front display of the SK8/9Y whilst having direct access to the sub volume and one-click sound effect selection of the SJ2.

2 minutes ago, 38034580 said:

I like the front display of the SK8/9Y whilst having direct access to the sub volume and one-click sound effect selection of the SJ2.

You really can only able to try it out first, but most of the time a remote is usually only usable for 1-3 devices.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

8 hours ago, SorryClaire said:

You really can only able to try it out first, but most of the time a remote is usually only usable for 1-3 devices.

Do all soundbars from the same company have the same commands?

2 hours ago, 38034580 said:

Do all soundbars from the same company have the same commands?

No, devices in general dont 100% work with other remote from the same brand. Yes it can be cross compatible by chance but you could be missing certain feature that the remote can do, but the device cant read. Thats why Harmony Remote or those dumb ir remote app on your phone asks to see if a function works (particularly power button) when you press the remote, its to make sure that you have the right kind of remote.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

10 hours ago, SorryClaire said:

No, devices in general dont 100% work with other remote from the same brand. Yes it can be cross compatible by chance but you could be missing certain feature that the remote can do, but the device cant read. Thats why Harmony Remote or those dumb ir remote app on your phone asks to see if a function works (particularly power button) when you press the remote, its to make sure that you have the right kind of remote.

What about the SK5Y remote with SK9Y? The remotes have identical basic controls (ones on the top) while the SK9Y and 5Y remotes have different advanced controls (bottom).