help, weird GPU behavior

SpagnettiEater

hi i have a problem with my r9 380, if i remove the zip tie and the brown cable from the gpu, the gpu starts showing strange green and red lines on the screen for a second about 3/4 times like flash and then black screen, from Windows event log says KERNEL POWER reporting a problem with RadeonSoftware.exe the pc restarts or sometimes the games close to the desktop and the driver goes into safe mode I thought it was a driver problem but it's not that. I don't know what it could be .. I just accidentally hit the case or just raise the gpu up and start doing so, I just want to understand what the problem is .. gpu? pcie connector? Motherboard? do you have any tips? .. sorry if I make grammatical errors I don't speak English well I wrote on the Italian forums but the only answer I got was to throw everything away, unfortunately my financial situation does not allow me to buy new hardware .. the video card suffers from a serious sag .. I have to keep it that way or whatever crashes or even fills the screen with artifacts

IMG_20210927_124029.jpg

IMG_20210927_124033.jpg

IMG_20210927_124040.jpg

Why don't you lay the case flat on the other side?  That would take the stress off of the components and you can actually see what's inside the case.

I don't really understand why people don't use 19" cases.  These tower cases all suck because they are dark and inaccessible inside and you have to lay on your belly to do any work on your computer, and components hanging down like that is bad.

2 minutes ago, heimdali said:

Why don't you lay the case flat on the other side?  That would take the stress off of the components and you can actually see what's inside the case.

I don't really understand why people don't use 19" cases.  These tower cases all suck because they are dark and inaccessible inside and you have to lay on your belly to do any work on your computer, and components hanging down like that is bad.

because I do not have much space to put it is a corsair 780t  I have no space to put it

29 minutes ago, heimdali said:

No space even for testing?

I have already tried out of the case I don't have a testbench and as long as I keep it straight I'm fine as soon as I leave it everything starts to crash ... in years of pc repairs I have never seen anything like this

Well, just think of all the little contacts and conductors that are all over the hardware.  If only one of them makes bad contact, it could have unexpected effects.  Come to think of it, it's amazing that it all works at all to begin with 🙂

11 minutes ago, heimdali said:

Well, just think of all the little contacts and conductors that are all over the hardware.  If only one of them makes bad contact, it could have unexpected effects.  Come to think of it, it's amazing that it all works at all to begin with 🙂

I checked it from top to bottom any component I know every square centimeter of this card .. no problem .. today is a year ago so I got it exactly today a year ago ... it's a gpu I bought it used exactly like the motherboard ... I think it may be the motherboard instead?