USB 3.0 Issues

Superundead6212
Go to solution Solved by Stahlmann,

Update your BIOS to the latest non-beta version. USB issues were very common on Ryzen CPUs but are fixed with the latest AGESA code.

I recently upgraded my PC to a ryzen 5 3600 platform with a Gigabyte B550M DS3H motherboard. I have also recently reinstalled Windows 10 when I upgraded my storage solution. I have installed the AMD chipset drivers and USB 3.0 is enabled in the BIOS i think. However, when I plug in a device into these 3.0 ports, windows doesnt even register that it is connected. I have a external harddrive and it powers up but doesnt register on windows or on device manager. This is the same on the front ports and back ports on the board. I cant tell what I am doing wrong.

Thanks in advanced

Update your BIOS to the latest non-beta version. USB issues were very common on Ryzen CPUs but are fixed with the latest AGESA code.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

1 hour ago, Stahlmann said:

Thanks for your help. I guess that should have been port of call number 1 huh. Its working now though