CPU Upgrade

BlueNO

Budget (including currency): £400

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: FiveM, COD, Adobe softwares, and youtube

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

i currently have a i7-8700 non k with a 3070, i recently went to stream gta rp on fivem and it was a no go it was my ram, my ram was old and slow so i did purchase 32gb at 3200 which isnt too bad (i did check compability and its fine)  im not sure if my cpu is a issue? its not too old but the gpu is a beef thing so im not sure. i have a asus z390-f motherboard and would it be worth putting a i9-9900k in it and will it work with the rest of my system i also have a 750w psu 

let me know if this is ok or any help would be great cheers!

Perhaps save your money and wait for next gen Ryzen. By the time you've swapped out the CPU, mainboard and PSU you've basically build a new PC with old parts :old-eyeroll:

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision"

(Faithless, 'Reverence' from the 1996 Reverence album)

22 minutes ago, Dr0idGh0sT said:

Do you have XMP enabled? 

yes i do

1 hour ago, Dutch_Master said:

Perhaps save your money and wait for next gen Ryzen. By the time you've swapped out the CPU, mainboard and PSU you've basically build a new PC with old parts :old-eyeroll:

i dont need to swap the mainboard and psu out? getting the next ryzen would cost way more because i would have to spend 150-200 on a new motherboard and 400 on the ryzen 9 or 7 that wouldnt work