Did I mess up?

Hey 

So i finished building my first water-cooling loop with acrylic hard tubes.

I am concerned that I connected my reservoir to the outlet of the pump and not to the inlet; which would have been my intention.

It feels like that the loop is not running but it could also just be some air bubble blocking everything.

Maybe you guys could enlighten me?

Cheers

IMG_20210916_180359.jpg

I made this mistake on my first loop as well, technically it should still have flow in the loop. It's just not optimal due to the outlet and inlet on the blocks being reversed. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

11 minutes ago, MyInnerFred said:

I made this mistake on my first loop as well, technically it should still have flow in the loop. It's just not optimal due to the outlet and inlet on the blocks being reversed. 

The question is, is it reversed in my particular scenario?

i edited the photo with the intended flow direction of the water

1631809275331.jpg

Question is: what pump do you use? 

Modern GPU blocks sometimes are a bit sensitive (if they use jet plates), CPU blocks are pretty sensitiveto messing this up. Flow might be worse, if you go into your pump at the bottom and out at the top - that's quite a water column to move. If there's a trapped air bubble (shouldn't really but at least plausible) then flow might be impeded.

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!

I figured out that the 1/4" thread on the top is indeed the inlet. However, it has a total of 3 1/4" threads and i thought the top one is an inlet and both on the side are outlets, but only one on the side is an outlet the other an inlet and it looks like i connected what was supposed to be my outlet to the inlet on the side.

I marked it on the picture

Unbenannt.png

Edited by Yoshimitsu
Just realized the picture wasn't uploaded

Apparently the top is also an inlet so it looks like your flow direction is correct if you switch to the correct outlet.

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!

15 minutes ago, bowrilla said:

Apparently the top is also an inlet so it looks like your flow direction is correct.

I made a video of what is happening, there is a big water bubble in the 180 degree bent tube which doesn't go away...also the horizontal tube on the top is empty. Nothing happens when the pump is running.

If i tilt the case 90 degrees to the left so that the reservoir is horizontally on the top,water flows out of the res. If i put the case back in defult position the water comes in from the bottom of the res not from the top.

I made a video i hope i managed to explain myself well enough.

Yeah i guess i need to use the other outlet, welp....

3.jpg

I'm not quite sure what it is you're trying to show. If you connect your tubes to both inlet ports and nothing to the outlet, then there won't be much flow. You said you did that and marked it in your previous post. As I've said: that isn't going to work. The air bubble has nothing to do with it.

it's fine thank you, small misunderstanding i replied to your post before you edited it and added "if you switch to the correct outlet."

so i thought it should work as it is now.

thx for your help