Disabling Windows Ink pop-up in certain programs?

syclone

So have been using OneNote 2007 for the last 2 years, under Windows 7 on my PC and pen support (One by Wacom drawing tablet) worket perfectly. Now have Windows 10 on both my PC and laptop, however now any time I try to write anything this annoying pop-up appears and prevents me from entering hand-written text:

Spoiler

windowsink.thumb.png.227896dbf9f73f3eba38c4bdc9ab230e.png

I've tried removing Window ink workspace (using this tutorial) through registry to no avail, still the same exact behaviour, the other option of "Group Policy" doesn't even seem to exist on neither of my computers. Disabled all the pen "shortcuts" in the ink menu as well and allowed other programs to override them too.

Interestingly, such behaviur did not appear in the Office 365 version, only in this one, so was wondering whether there is some setting that would allow certain programs to disable the windows Ink from being triggered? Obviously it makes sense to use it when you're trying to convert written to typed text, but I'm trying to enter hand-written text.

Go to control panel and in pen input disable anything to do with ink. Then go into settings and the pen settings there. Do the same thing.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to bring this back up, but managed to track down the issue, so if anyone else runs into it, here's the fix. Just had to set the following setting (image below, from "Pen&Windows Ink" submenu), and now it no longer pops up!

image.png.76c7b3dbc4917ca842330cf3b33ebcc1.png

Cannot believe how easy it was, albeit not makes any sense to me, since the other setting is "when the keyboard isn't attached"... and in both cases (laptop with integrated keyboard and a desktop) it was attached, and neither my laptop or PC have a "tablet" mode...

Only disadvantage is that unlike in Windows 7, it no longer will show up anywhere else in a text field, but for my use case (taking class notes) it works.