I need laptop advice

AT0MAC

Budget (including currency): Flexible

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Work and photoediting

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): Great screen, small size and good battery life

So let me fast tell you a little about myself, I work in finance by day, graphic designer in the evening and gamer at night - that pretty much sums it up.
I need a new laptop, not really for gaming, but I might use it for streaming games in my home from my actual gaming PC to the laptop.

My main concerns is I want one that is small, with a great screen, not totally underpowered as I only buy a new laptop every 4-5 years, good battery life.

I'm eyeballing 2 very different approaches here and have a hard time to choose between them:

Acer Swift 3

1135G7

Iris XE graphics

16GB RAM

512GB SSD

14" fullHD screen
100% sRGB coverage

or

Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
4600HS

1650ti graphics
16GB RAM

512GB SSD

14" fullHD 120hz panel
100% sRGB

The Acer cost ½ of the Asus around here, but the Asus look damn good, but I cant really see what is it exactly I get for the 50% more in price with the usecase I have or will the Swift not let me down?

I dont really consider anything else, because those two machines fit all the boxes of what I want, now I just need to choose

My Gaming PC: 27833

actually... just found out...

I can get a Acer Swift X with a 3050ti and a 5800u for somewhere in between the asus and the other acer, its still quite a price bump from the Swift 3, and im very unsure if it for my use case would make any sense?

12 minutes ago, AT0MAC said:

actually... just found out...

I can get a Acer Swift X with a 3050ti and a 5800u for somewhere in between the asus and the other acer, its still quite a price bump from the Swift 3, and im very unsure if it for my use case would make any sense?

It does make difference in gaming perspective, But not in battery life, Because dedicated GPU will consume lot of battery, Can't you get something with 5800u but without dedicated graphics card? Or something with i7-1165G7, But 5800u does consume lesser energy.

I'd still buy this third variant over I5, But still consider something without dGPU, If you aren't going to game on laptop.

4 hours ago, Dr0idGh0sT said:

It does make difference in gaming perspective, But not in battery life, Because dedicated GPU will consume lot of battery, Can't you get something with 5800u but without dedicated graphics card? Or something with i7-1165G7, But 5800u does consume lesser energy.

I'd still buy this third variant over I5, But still consider something without dGPU, If you aren't going to game on laptop.

1165G7 sounds interesting to be fair, specially for battery life as thats more important to me than gpu is and would maybe also mean better future proofing. 

just found out the Swift 3 comes in a variant with 1165G7 for almost same price like the i5 version, which is kinda odd, but i dont complaint - i might go for that unless something more interesting comes up

2 hours ago, AT0MAC said:

1165G7 sounds interesting to be fair, specially for battery life as thats more important to me than gpu is and would maybe also mean better future proofing. 

just found out the Swift 3 comes in a variant with 1165G7 for almost same price like the i5 version, which is kinda odd, but i dont complaint - i might go for that unless something more interesting comes up

Do some research on those laptops battery life, There will be enough review I think.

Ryzen CPUs are more power efficient, So consider it as well.

19 hours ago, Dr0idGh0sT said:

Do some research on those laptops battery life, There will be enough review I think.

Ryzen CPUs are more power efficient, So consider it as well.

I looked at what you said and might have found something VERY interesting!

Lenovo Yoga Slim 7 Pro with 5800H, 16GB RAM, 512 GB nvme - even have a 2.8k OLED 90Hz display from Samsung

I mean, I am a content creator so in that regard this sounds pretty amazing!

The only "issue" is its actually pretty hard to find a review of as far as i can tell, so have no idea if its real world good or just good on paper hmmm

30 minutes ago, AT0MAC said:

I looked at what you said and might have found something VERY interesting!

Lenovo Yoga Slim 7 Pro with 5800H, 16GB RAM, 512 GB nvme - even have a 2.8k OLED 90Hz display from Samsung

I mean, I am a content creator so in that regard this sounds pretty amazing!

The only "issue" is its actually pretty hard to find a review of as far as i can tell, so have no idea if its real world good or just good on paper hmmm

Lenovo notebooks are generally good and 5800H is monster CPU for notebook.

I did find some reviews on YouTube 🤔 Haven't you? 

52 minutes ago, Dr0idGh0sT said:

Lenovo notebooks are generally good and 5800H is monster CPU for notebook.

I did find some reviews on YouTube 🤔 Haven't you? 

Well, I found some few YT videos about this machine, but not really any with this specific config. The difference being the 90 Hz OLED variant. The vides I found is with the IPS version, which is damn good too, but for a little bit more I can get the OLED so of course I have to try.
So I have no idea what I just ordered, because yes, it sounds to me like a pretty good deal so I ordered it...

12 hours ago, AT0MAC said:

Well, I found some few YT videos about this machine, but not really any with this specific config. The difference being the 90 Hz OLED variant. The vides I found is with the IPS version, which is damn good too, but for a little bit more I can get the OLED so of course I have to try.
So I have no idea what I just ordered, because yes, it sounds to me like a pretty good deal so I ordered it...

Hopefully it'll be good 😄