120fps 1440p 3080 build

Hello i’ve been creating a pcpartpicker list for my 3080 build with a budget of a bit over £2000 that i’m going to do and thought that i should submit it here to get some more experienced thoughts on it.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/kWKVj2

i will be trying to acquire a 3080 (at a semi-reasonable price) before i purchase these parts 

also i haven’t selected any peripherals yet so any recommendations would be appreciated, looking for a good but affordable 1440p 120hz monitor, and some good recommendations for a keyboard and mouse

11 minutes ago, Husk_te said:

Hello i’ve been creating a pcpartpicker list for my 3080 build with a budget of a bit over £2000 that i’m going to do and thought that i should submit it here to get some more experienced thoughts on it.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/kWKVj2

i will be trying to acquire a 3080 (at a semi-reasonable price) before i purchase these parts 

also i haven’t selected any peripherals yet so any recommendations would be appreciated, looking for a good but affordable 1440p 120hz monitor, and some good recommendations for a keyboard and mouse

List looks good to me, if you care about looks maybe the noctua redux 1200 fans could be an alternative to the current brown and tan originals (obviously personal preference), you could possibly go for some 3600mhz ram if you can get a good price, i have an LG 1440p, 144hz monitor, i watched lots of reviews and this one seemed to stand out to most people, as for mouse and keyboard that will be specific to you and your preferences

CPU: Ryzen 3700X Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Pro Wifi CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken x62 Rev 2 RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz GPU: Asus TUF OC RTX 3080 SSD: 250GB SK Hynix SATA and 2x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Cooler Master NR200 Monitor: LG 27GL850 Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum Mouse: Razer Viper Audio: Sennheiser PC37X and Logitech G560 Speakers

42 minutes ago, JoshPJ said:

List looks good to me, if you care about looks maybe the noctua redux 1200 fans could be an alternative to the current brown and tan originals (obviously personal preference), you could possibly go for some 3600mhz ram if you can get a good price, i have an LG 1440p, 144hz monitor, i watched lots of reviews and this one seemed to stand out to most people, as for mouse and keyboard that will be specific to you and your preferences

Thanks, i wasn’t sure of the difference between noctua’s fans so just selected the highest reviewed one, is it the 140mm ones or the 120mm ones that work for my case?

Thanks i thought the ram speed was a little slow so i’ll look into that.

could you tell me what the model of the monitor is please 🙂

also is 3 case fans good enough or should i add more?

thanks for your time.

22 minutes ago, Husk_te said:

Thanks, i wasn’t sure of the difference between noctua’s fans so just selected the highest reviewed one, is it the 140mm ones or the 120mm ones that work for my case?

Thanks i thought the ram speed was a little slow so i’ll look into that.

could you tell me what the model of the monitor is please 🙂

also is 3 case fans good enough or should i add more?

thanks for your time.

it seems the case comes with 2 120mm fans, so there are multiple setups you could do, https://www.fractal-design.com/products/cases/meshify/meshify-c/black/ if you go to the specifications of the case you will see how many fans you can fit and what sizes, on my old case similar to this one i had 5 140 mm fans, 2 on the front, 2 on the top and one rear so its up to you, for fans, noctua are great, for 120mm I recommend the noctua redux nf-s12b redux 1200 as they are a bit more pleasing to the eye and for 140mm Id go for noctua nf-a14 chromax, i think they are the ones that your cpu cooler comes with.

also my monitor is a LG 27GL850, definitely the best monitor ive owned

CPU: Ryzen 3700X Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Pro Wifi CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken x62 Rev 2 RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz GPU: Asus TUF OC RTX 3080 SSD: 250GB SK Hynix SATA and 2x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Cooler Master NR200 Monitor: LG 27GL850 Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum Mouse: Razer Viper Audio: Sennheiser PC37X and Logitech G560 Speakers

25 minutes ago, JoshPJ said:

it seems the case comes with 2 120mm fans, so there are multiple setups you could do, https://www.fractal-design.com/products/cases/meshify/meshify-c/black/ if you go to the specifications of the case you will see how many fans you can fit and what sizes, on my old case similar to this one i had 5 140 mm fans, 2 on the front, 2 on the top and one rear so its up to you, for fans, noctua are great, for 120mm I recommend the noctua redux nf-s12b redux 1200 as they are a bit more pleasing to the eye and for 140mm Id go for noctua nf-a14 chromax, i think they are the ones that your cpu cooler comes with.

also my monitor is a LG 27GL850, definitely the best monitor ive owned

oh nice, i’ll get 3 of those noctua fans and can always buy 2 more to fill all 7 mounting points if needs be

how much does monitor choice matter because i’ve seen many different recommendations at many different price points

2 minutes ago, Husk_te said:

oh nice, i’ll get 3 of those noctua fans and can always buy 2 more to fill all 7 mounting points if needs be

how much does monitor choice matter because i’ve seen many different recommendations at many different price points

it depends on lots of factors, like price and features, I wanted nvidia gsync rather than freesync so i based my search off that and ended up with my monitor, you could compare monitors for months and not be able to pick one, so dont get too hung up on it

1 hour ago, JoshPJ said:

it depends on lots of factors, like price and features, I wanted nvidia gsync rather than freesync so i based my search off that and ended up with my monitor, you could compare monitors for months and not be able to pick one, so dont get too hung up on it

whoa, fair enough haha

other people have mentioned that i should think about getting a 6800xt instead of a 3080 is this something i should think about? keeping in mind i will be using this pc mainly for gaming but also some productivity such as blender.

5 minutes ago, Husk_te said:

whoa, fair enough haha

other people have mentioned that i should think about getting a 6800xt instead of a 3080 is this something i should think about? keeping in mind i will be using this pc mainly for gaming but also some productivity such as blender.

Dont know too much about the 6800xt and how it compares, im sure some googling and youtube will help you out, im sure a 3080 will cope perfectly fine with what you need

26 minutes ago, JoshPJ said:

Dont know too much about the 6800xt and how it compares, im sure some googling and youtube will help you out, im sure a 3080 will cope perfectly fine with what you need

ok thanks, they seem to perform fairly similarly tbh nvidia does seem to have a small lead tho so i guess it’ll just be up to what’s available when i’m ready to buy. 

thank you so much for all your effort and time. i appreciate it immensely dude.