Using Public WiFi at new apartment

Sikbatullah
Go to solution Solved by Alireza,
4 hours ago, Sikbatullah said:

I was thinking about getting a subscription but not sure which one to get. Was checking old Linus videos to find any from the sponsors but couldn't find one from my brief search. 

private internet access

tunnel bear

surf shark vpn

nord vpn

ip vanish

I just moved into a new place and the internet is included in the rent. The issue is, it is a public wifi. I can't get a wired connection in here so getting another connection is out of the equation. What can I do in this situation to protect my data as much as possible? Would really appreciate any suggestion. Thank you. 

6 minutes ago, Sikbatullah said:

I just moved into a new place and the internet is included in the rent. The issue is, it is a public wifi. I can't get a wired connection in here so getting another connection is out of the equation. What can I do in this situation to protect my data as much as possible? Would really appreciate any suggestion. Thank you. 

you could setup an access point, that piggybacks off of the public wifi, although now that i think of it i dont know if that would work either

gaming system: R7 3700X @ 4.25Ghz cpu / B450 STEEL LEGEND mobo / 4x8gb corsair Vengeance @3333Mhz ram / RX 7900XTX pulse gpu / Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 3 cpu cooler /Coolermaster Qube 500 case / Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 12 1500w power supply

laptop: Dell xps 9510, 3.5k OLED, i7 11800h, rtx 3050 ti, 2x16gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, 1TB main drive, 2TB add in ssd

23 minutes ago, ki8aras said:

you could setup an access point, that piggybacks off of the public wifi, although now that i think of it i dont know if that would work either

Thanks, I'll look that up and see if that is doable or not.

20 minutes ago, Alireza said:

use a good VPN all the time and your safe

I was thinking about getting a subscription but not sure which one to get. Was checking old Linus videos to find any from the sponsors but couldn't find one from my brief search. 

4 hours ago, Sikbatullah said:

private internet access

tunnel bear

surf shark vpn

nord vpn

ip vanish

4 hours ago, Alireza said:

private internet access

tunnel bear

surf shark vpn

nord vpn

ip vanish

Thanks a bunch. Totally forgot about PIA.