Saitek X45 throttle compatibily with my current pc

Hi
I just received a saitek X45 throttle unit, from a friend. I was intending to use it as a thottle with DCS. 
THe problem is that it has a gamport port
Apparently, that was supposed to connect to the joystick, which I don´t have. 
Some people found out, that with a gameport to USB dongle, it did not work?
Any ideas?

Most of the Saitek HOTAS combos (now branded Logitech) are still setup so only one component in the pairing is designed to connect to the PC and the other connects to it. On my X52 Pro, it's the reverse... the throttle has a USB cable to connect to the PC, and the stick connects to the throttle. With any of them, I suspect that it is not possible to run the "slave" half of the combo by itself, even with an adapter - the "brains" are in the part with the PC connection. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

2 hours ago, Middcore said:

Most of the Saitek HOTAS combos (now branded Logitech) are still setup so only one component in the pairing is designed to connect to the PC and the other connects to it. On my X52 Pro, it's the reverse... the throttle has a USB cable to connect to the PC, and the stick connects to the throttle. With any of them, I suspect that it is not possible to run the "slave" half of the combo by itself, even with an adapter - the "brains" are in the part with the PC connection. 

Thank you for our input

The problem is that, it would be pretty hard to find a good quality joystick part

10 minutes ago, FinOxy said:

The problem is that, it would be pretty hard to find a good quality joystick part

I'm fully aware. I don't see anybody selling just the stick on eBay, although ironically several people are selling just the throttles. Unfortunately I don't think there's any "solution" to your issue short of managing to find somebody who has just the stick part. It's odd your friend had only the throttle. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

On 9/11/2021 at 10:28 PM, Middcore said:

I'm fully aware. I don't see anybody selling just the stick on eBay, although ironically several people are selling just the throttles. Unfortunately I don't think there's any "solution" to your issue short of managing to find somebody who has just the stick part. It's odd your friend had only the throttle. 

Indeed, I ll have to talk to him
Thank you for your input, it did help

On 9/11/2021 at 1:28 PM, Middcore said:

I would guess the joystick dies much quicker than the throttle which is why there are lots of throttles but no joysticks.

4 minutes ago, Zomeguy said:

I would guess the joystick dies much quicker than the throttle

Since the throttle has no "brains" and is also a less complex movement mechanism than the stick, that's probably true.