New PC Build, budget of 3000 CAD

Sworny

Budget 3000 CAD

I need suggestions on what things I need to switch, I’m using this PC for editing videos and gaming.

PS: I know that 3600MHz is kinda overkill for an intel cpu, I decided to keep it as 3600MHz can help me in some way I’m assuming.

Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-11700K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken Z63 98.17 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z590 VISION G ATX LGA1200 Motherboard

Ram: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory

Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive

Graphics Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 8 GB AORUS MASTER Video Card

Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic Mini ATX Mid Tower Case

PSU: Corsair SF 750 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular SFX Power Supply

Fans: Lian Li UNI SL120 58.54 CFM 120 mm Fan 9x

2 minutes ago, Dr0idGh0sT said:

You are around 1500 CAD over budget, Was it intentionally? 

Or are you getting some parts cheaper or something? 

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/n8yrZZ

The GPU doesn’t actually cost like 2k, it costs like 600$ retail so I’m 

like 100$ over my budget, but I’m waiting for Black Friday/cyber Monday to get the parts  cheaper

Anyways, Here is a little edit that leaves you with enough money for GPU unless you are positive you can get GPU for retail, That's hard for me to imagine for todays situation 😅😅😅

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/r3j9Vc

P.S. I'm suggesting Z440 drive, Not Z330, But It was what PCPartPicker had... 😄

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Z4J96C9/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glc_fabc_HWVSHYWTD5YJVRSE0FRZ?psc=1

13 hours ago, Dr0idGh0sT said:

Anyways, Here is a little edit that leaves you with enough money for GPU unless you are positive you can get GPU for retail, That's hard for me to imagine for todays situation 😅😅😅

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/r3j9Vc

P.S. I'm suggesting Z440 drive, Not Z330, But It was what PCPartPicker had... 😄

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Z4J96C9/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glc_fabc_HWVSHYWTD5YJVRSE0FRZ?psc=1

Thanks! 

I believe the 5800X is generally faster than the 11700K and are normally around the same price in Canada. You can also consider a 10700 which is only a little slower than the other two, but quite a bit cheaper. Overall, you did a good job though.

32 minutes ago, Jonathan Lee said:

I believe the 5800X is generally faster than the 11700K and are normally around the same price in Canada. You can also consider a 10700 which is only a little slower than the other two, but quite a bit cheaper. Overall, you did a good job though.

Yeah I was gonna go for a ryzen build with a 5800x, I decided to go with a 11700k because It’s the same price as the 5800x (I think) and because it doesn’t require a BIOS update since I don’t know much about PC’s.

Just now, Sworny said:

Yeah I was gonna go for a ryzen build with a 5800x, I decided to go with a 11700k because It’s the same price as the 5800x (I think) and because it doesn’t require a BIOS update since I don’t know much about PC’s.

My PC is all about aesthetics and performance, explains why it’s so expensive 

Just now, Sworny said:

My PC is all about aesthetics and performance, explains why it’s so expensive 

With 3000$, I can probably get a 3080ti build that looks horrific (retail price), but I decided not to. PS: my friend has that GPU and he’s willing to sell it to me for around 1k which I find is reasonable, 500$ lower than the average price for the GPU (not retail)

15 hours ago, Dr0idGh0sT said:

Are you sure you can get GPU for retail? 

If my friend decides to change his mind and not sell it for 1k and go for higher, I can just try sniping the GPU or just wait outside a store that restocks on them a lot.

7 hours ago, Sworny said:

With 3000$, I can probably get a 3080ti build that looks horrific (retail price), but I decided not to. PS: my friend has that GPU and he’s willing to sell it to me for around 1k which I find is reasonable, 500$ lower than the average price for the GPU (not retail)

Isn't Kraken Z63 240mm AIO? And expensive, that is.

So don't buy it, 240mm AIO won't look good in this case, Get 360mm whatever you want and ofc, Chose fans you like 😄 AIO, I suggested is good one and I picked those fans, Because AIO comes with similar fans, So it saves bucks, But Uni fans really look amazing, If you can fit those in budget, Go for it.