The Club Secretaries Upgrade

SimplyChunk

Budget (including currency): £200

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Surfing, Browsing, Roaming, and Staring at the internet. (Last of the silver surfers here guys.) Ripping and Burning CDs. Mass storage of Photos.  Speadsheets (in joke, sorry)

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): Prerequisits are to use existing mATX case for two Optical drives and 3.5" Card reader.

So here's the parts list:

DVD Reader
£2 
CEX

DVD Writer
£4 
CEX

PSU Corsair CV450
£41.97
CCL

CPU i5 4590
£29.95
CEX

RAM 2x 4GB sticks 1333
£13.90
CEX

Motherboard Asus B85M-G
£48.90 
eBay

SSD 128GB Intel 5450
£13.95 
CEX

Monitor AOC FullHD jobby i got spare
£30 
Me

HDD 500GB Seagate i got laying around
£5 
Me

He ended up with £10.33 change.  Think i've done him proud?

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

10 hours ago, Dr0idGh0sT said:

It'll be enough for those tasks. 

yeah that's what i was thinking.  He's not going to be gaming or anything.  not sure he's even got any grandkids that'll use it so i think it'll do him well

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

14 minutes ago, galawayford said:

Is it possible that you raise that amount for a little bit higher like 50 ?? that will be a lot better 

what will the extra 50 pounds do?

2 minutes ago, YouSirAreADudeSir said:

what will the extra 50 pounds do?

Nothing really in my opinion, Especially, You already have some parts.

1 minute ago, Dr0idGh0sT said:

Nothing really in my opinion, Especially, You already have some parts.

nah i didn't think so. i know Chrome MAY burn through 8GBof RAM.  But that's so rare.  I ran 8GB of RAM on my 6600k build for years when everyone was saying to get myself 16GB.  I still didn't and i never had issues

1 minute ago, YouSirAreADudeSir said:

nah i didn't think so. i know Chrome MAY burn through 8GBof RAM.  But that's so rare.  I ran 8GB of RAM on my 6600k build for years when everyone was saying to get myself 16GB.  I still didn't and i never had issues

Naah, How many tabs should you open to eat up 8GB of ram? 😄